• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360 Elite updates?

S

Samsung1080i

Just got home with my new Xbox 360 elite and I'm trying to get the HD DVD player to work with it. I run the install disc and thats fine but when I insert a HD DVD it comes up with the a error:-

'This game requires an update, the update cannot be found.
goto www.xbox.com/support for help'

Well I have done that and I can't find anything.

Has anyone got any ideas??

The HD DVD drive was connected to my old Xbox 360 Premium and it worked fine!

Cheers

S

Samsung1080i

Cool,

I'm trying to connect to live at the moment, it says it needs to update before it can do that...it gets almost to the end of the update and fails. I then asks me to check and test the network settings.....I do and its fine...??

Do you think it might be down at xbox's end?

Is there somewhere I can download that update and burn to disc or something?

m1ket

Same problem here but for the guitar hero 3 update it seems the whole patching process is not working :lease:

Accoriding to major nelson all is 'fixed':suicide:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
try playing a movie offline,when not signed into live,does it still play movies that way?

scor81

I just got home with a new elite, plugged in straight in where my old core was, thinking it would all work fine, but i cant recover my gamertag!!

i put in my tag, and my email/password, and it then say that the live signup page is unavailable or something similar!!! RUBBISH!

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I just got home with a new elite, plugged in straight in where my old core was, thinking it would all work fine, but i cant recover my gamertag!!

i put in my tag, and my email/password, and it then say that the live signup page is unavailable or something similar!!! RUBBISH!

It took me ages to recover my gamertag, everytime I tried it either said the service was not available or it would get so far then crash.

Keep trying and sooner or later it will work.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom