Xbox 360 Elite - How long does it take for repair?

infinity4

Novice Member
Hi, I am 93% sure that my HDMI port is faulty, losing some signals, bought about 5 months ago from GAME, so I thought I would get it repaired at MS.

Can I use the services.xbox.com website to request repair for a faulty hdmi port? and anyone know if they could swap motherboard for a falcon other than how long it would take?

Sorry for some hard questions!!

Desmo

Distinguished Member
My first move would be to take it back to game and ask them to exchange it. Would be a lot quicker and easier.

infinity4

Novice Member
Thanks. I was worried they would say something but surprisingly didn't ask any question at all and just exchanged it for me.

It is a falcon and has a BenQ drive as well!

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Definitely return it to Game....it's within the first year of ownership so it's their responsibility.

:)

infinity4

Novice Member
I just posted above you that I returned :D

However in 9-10 hours of gaming I had the same problem (just once) and my new telly is coming here today, I am hoping that solves it.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
What issue are you experiencing?

infinity4

Novice Member
When I turn on my 360 everything seems to be fine.

Then, after like 30 mins into play, the screen goes black because it can't catch signal... only for video not audio.

It just happened randomly, weird.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Sounds like it could be an HDMI handshaking issue.

Strange question but what order do you turn on the connected pieces of equipment? For example, for my projector, I have to turn on the pj then the amp and finally the source equipment.

infinity4

Novice Member
I turn on either monitor or 360 first, no distinct order really. I tried changing but didn't change the problem either.

If I use a HDTV with HDMI port would it completely solve the problem?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom