Xbox 360 Elite & HDMI Audio

sijones

Established Member
Reaction score
I am unable to get DD 5.1 over the HDMI connection from the Elite.

On the link below it states

Xbox 360 HDMI cable: New to Xbox 360, HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/

I use HDMI from the Elite into a Gefen HDMI splitter and use the digital coax connection from the splitter into my AV processor. This all works fine with the PS3 but I with the Elite I get no DD 5.1. I've changed the Audio settings to Digital.

Do you have to use the additional digital optical connection to get DD 5.1?

Thanks,

Steve

Don't know if the setting is present, but try setting sound on the xbox to LPCM/PCM & se if that works

I am unable to get DD 5.1 over the HDMI connection from the Elite.

On the link below it states

Xbox 360 HDMI cable: New to Xbox 360, HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/

I use HDMI from the Elite into a Gefen HDMI splitter and use the digital coax connection from the splitter into my AV processor. This all works fine with the PS3 but I with the Elite I get no DD 5.1. I've changed the Audio settings to Digital.

Do you have to use the additional digital optical connection to DD 5.1?

Thanks,

Steve

i plugged the optical cable into my tv and then into the amp. then i plugged my elite into the hdmi on the tv. booted up bioshock and got 2 ch sound.

in the end I plugged that dongle into the xbox and connected it to the amp. now im getting 5.1.

Just picked up my elite and can't get DD 5.1 via HDMI. Infact i get no sound at all :(

The only options i have on my xbox is:

Dolby Surround
Dolby Digital 5.1
Dolby Digital with WMA Pro

I select Dolby Digital and when i go back to it thats what its set to but i get no sound whatsoever no matter what i set it to??

EDIT: Sorted now.

How did you sort it Soldier? I have the same problem.

Currently sticking it through my amp but can't get the HDMI cable to give me audio through the TV.

i did not think the elite could do any sound through HDMI and if it can i dont think it can send surround or any lossless audio.

How did you sort it Soldier? I have the same problem.

Currently sticking it through my amp but can't get the HDMI cable to give me audio through the TV.

Diconnected my optical cable that was for the 360 from my amp and re-assigned my HDMI input to a different source button on the remote via the GUI on the amp. :)

i did not think the elite could do any sound through HDMI and if it can i dont think it can send surround or any lossless audio.

It can't send lossless via HDMI but it can send Dolby Digital which is not lossless. :lesson:

oh cool you learn sumet new everyday i supose thats maybe one reason to buy an elite sorry for giving the wrong info.

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom