Xbox 360 Elite Data Migration

what number are you guys calling ms on to get the free Microsoft Xbox 360 Data Migration Kit ?

I took my 360 Prem back into gamestation today, as it was randomly locking up and giving disc read errors, they said they would swap it over, no problems.

So I asked if I could pay the difference and have an Elite, which they agreed to.

Told me it was £20 to swap them over and I got blue dragon free.

Told them I didn't want that game, so I exchanged it for Bioshock and paid an extra £5.

So all in all, swapped my partially knackered 360 Premium, for a brand new Elite and Bioshock for £25 :devil:

Just need the Microsoft Xbox 360 Data Migration Kit now, so I can get my stuff off my other 360 onto the Elite

:offtopic:

I know this isnt' the right forum but I've made a post in the Items Wanted trading part of the forum (clicky) about this so if anyone is interested the conversation can move into there, but is anyone here who has ordered a Data Migration Kit interested in selling there's onto me once they've transfered their data over between HDDs?

I bought a 120gb HDD from eBay (a real one not a Hong Kong cloned drive) and could do with one of the cables and the software disc. Cheers.

Back on topic...

Anyway back on topic, it's interesting to read all this info about getting points refunded onto a silver account to redownload arcade games, I've had 5 360s now so all my arcade games barring Sonic, Bomberman and Goldenaxe have to be played online and it annoys me somewhat, especially since my internet connection has been going down so much recently. If anyone is sending emails and not phoning them what email address are you contacting? Last time I tried to contact them about my broken VGA cable all I could find was a US Support Contact email and besides being useless they took 3 weeks to respond.

I bought a 120gb HDD from eBay (a real one not a Hong Kong cloned drive) and could do with one of the cables and the software disc. Cheers.

If it was a brand new packaged official one then it should have come with a transfer kit.

If it was a brand new packaged official one then it should have come with a transfer kit.

Not necessarily true, it was removed from the guys Elite. The auction had photos of the Elite with the hard drive too to help prove the fact.

Not necessarily true, it was removed from the guys Elite. The auction had photos of the Elite with the hard drive too to help prove the fact.

Well obviously if it was removed from an Elite then it's not a brand new packaged one. If you buy a 120GB HD as a seperate retail product it comes with the transfer kit. That is what I was refering to.

Ah right fair enough, I realised the new ones that are bought seperately came with the kit. Sorry about that I thought you were telling me it was a fake because it didn't have the cable, my mistake.

Ah right fair enough, I realised the new ones that are bought seperately came with the kit. Sorry about that I thought you were telling me it was a fake because it didn't have the cable, my mistake.

No problem. :)

Anyone?

:offtopic:

I know this isnt' the right forum but I've made a post in the Items Wanted trading part of the forum (clicky) about this so if anyone is interested the conversation can move into there, but is anyone here who has ordered a Data Migration Kit interested in selling there's onto me once they've transfered their data over between HDDs?

RottenFox,

I'm glad to hear that you were successful and completely agree with you that it is totally MS's fault. Their fault for using such badly implemented DRM and without question their fault for supplying substandard consoles.

Like others here, I have been told repeatedly that Elite upgraders will not be refunded points (I realise you went about it in a slightly different way) nor was I eligible for points refund having bought a Core to replace a dead Premium.

Something compounding the frustration felt by many is it seems, even after all this time, MS does not have a strictly adhered to policy regarding this matter. Some reps tell you one thing and swear blind black is white, others tell you something completely different.

This is a real mess for MS but it's one they seem happy to wallow about in indefinitely.

unless the license is sorted out for when people over here start getting the transfer kits,there will be uproar,possibly not publically,as microsoft may choose to sweep it away,but from people like you and i,who have downloaded items,and find that they cannot be used any more,as maybe they were done on another console,or profile.

i will have to phone microsoft again though,as i see my crackdown and other material is not working,and is seen as damaged,by the console,and my rainbow 6 pack isnt working either.

items that i purchased before,after a replacement console/points,on a silver tag..they can only be used on that tag,on that machine,and now,are damaged when downloaded,and i dont want to play crackdown on my other profile,as it was only a drop shop for points.
that will be my mission today i feel,to upset as many foreign microsoft support people as possible.

i mean,ive just bought the material again,and its not working, apart from the silver profile it was bought on,and its not seen apart from damaged on any profile i play the game on,apart from the one i downloaded to. 0 points,and a silver membership..so whats the point of multiplayer addons,when i cant use them/they wont work/and i refuse to buy another gold membership.!

Have you phoned everytime or have you tried emailing too? I tend to find their email contact support useless, but I might just try phoning them later today and doing exactly what you've done, I've got a lot of stuff downloaded that I'll need to refund. About 10 Arcade titles, Crackdown, GoW, R6V, GRAW, GRAW 2 and a few other games' pay for DLC. So at least about 12,200 points.

never used the email service..as ive phoned every time,and sometimes,when they give the conversation code to you,i just put the phone down,light up a ciggy,and redial the no.
i need more points too,as this material i downloaded,isnt working..i know it should,as the arcade games from my last replacement worked when i downloaded them,on a silver,and so did the crackdown/R6V stuff also,as the silver had the points,and every profile could use them,online and offline.
but not with the elite it seems..or at least with whatever they have done/not done.
and my elite is registered,too,as i refused to print off the .pdf,to send to them,citing,i didnt have a printer,for them to send me my transfer kit.

never used the email service..as ive phoned every time,and sometimes,when they give the conversation code to you,i just put the phone down,light up a ciggy,and redial the no.
i need more points too,as this material i downloaded,isnt working..i know it should,as the arcade games from my last replacement worked when i downloaded them,on a silver,and so did the crackdown/R6V stuff also,as the silver had the points,and every profile could use them,online and offline.
but not with the elite it seems..or at least with whatever they have done/not done.
and my elite is registered,too,as i refused to print off the .pdf,to send to them,citing,i didnt have a printer,for them to send me my transfer kit.

Thats what i did today and they submitted the request for me it took them all of 30 seconds to submit it..:D

Just ring the 0800 number thats in the back of the manual, just normal customer services, thats all I did.

Sorry would give you the number, but the manual is in the box, which is in the attic now.

0800 587 1102

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom