XBOX 360 elite and sharp aquous

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by danvb, Sep 9, 2007.

1. danvb

danvb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am playing my elite on a sharp aquous LC-42XD1EA. Everytime, after about 15 mins, the tv turns itself off and then on again. This is extremely annoying when playing on Live. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

2. Se777eN

Se777eN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,337
    Looks like it could be your tv.

u running it threw hdmi??

make shore its all in rite..

3. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    I am running my 360 through VGA on the same tv and I get the same thing, not every 15 minutes about once an hour, I have heard someone mention thats its when the TV does a handshake with the connection, I have no idea what that means though

4. skytecbvmo

skytecbvmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    HDCP=

Short for high-bandwidth digital-content protection, a specification developed by Intel for protecting digital entertainment content that uses the DVI interface. HDCP encrypts the transmission of digital content between the video source, or transmitter -- such as a computer, DVD player or set-top box -- and the digital display, or receiver -- such as a monitor, television or projector. HDCP is not designed to prevent copying or recording of digital content but to protect the integrity of content as it is being transmitted.
    Implementation of HDCP requires a license obtainable from the Digital Content Protection, LLC, which then issues a set of unique secret device keys to all authorized devices. During authentication, the receiver will only accept content once it demonstrates knowledge of the keys. Furthermore, to prevent eavesdropping and stealing of the data, the transmitter and receiver will generate a shared secret value that is consistently checked throughout the transmission. Once authentication is established, the transmitter encrypts the data and sends it to the receiver for decryption.

5. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    Is that what a handshake means ??

6. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    i have the same tv as this since last week these sharps are known for this but it has not happened to me,why are u not using the hdmi port if u have the elite as u will get the full 1080p out of this tv then,go into the sharp lc42xd1ea thread in the lcd forum the loads of people having the same problem.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525497

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381973

7. jdbrooks

jdbrooks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the same TV and had a similar problem when I bought it 5 months ago. It was guaranteed to lose the picture for around 3 seconds during my friday night gears session which could be very frustrating but it would only happen once a week. I was connected via component so I decided to get a VGA cable and haven't had the problem since (touching wood as I type - actually that sounded a bit rude :rolleyes:) which surprised me as the component on this TV also runs through the VGA connection

8. skytecbvmo

skytecbvmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    In a word yes.

9. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Oh Bugger !!!!.

My XD1EA has done the same thing a couple of times. I thought it was down to the fairly cheap, long 5m HDMI cable, but if someone else has the same issue then its not good news.

This is NOT the same thing that effects some other XD1E/A's, where the screen just blacks out for a few seconds. Mine actually switches off, and then back on.

I will try the official HDMI cable tonight for a few hours and see what happens.

There seems to be some serious clash with the 360 and these 1080p Sharps. No other product has ever had a problem, just my bloody 360. That would certainly suggest that there is some kind of problem with the stability of the 360's video signal, and these Sharps seem to be quite sensitive to it.

10. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    your problem is more than likely down to the quality of the cable,and the length of it.
    the component problem is different to yours.
    as far as hdmi goes,there is no handshaking problem with the xbox 360 and hdmi.
    one thing i will say,the official hdmi cable has a hologram on one end..when i plugged that end into the tv,i got no picture,but plugging in the hologramed end into the elite,i get a picture.
    a bit weird,but there you go.

11. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Yes, I am pretty sure its down to my crap cable.

The picture quality is superb, but when you need to go a long distance then a quality cable should be much more stable.

It serves me right for not spending the money, and being a cheap skate !!

12. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    That is strange. I just connected mine with the hologram end in the Elite from the beginning. It never occurred to me that it may not work the other way around. I might have to try it and see what happens. :D

13. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    yep,strange..
    i have gotten shot of the sharp tv though,thats with the parents,so im now in 46M87 land..