Xbox 360 Drive replacement

Manning

Standard Member
I saw some video on youtube showing that you can replace the card of a 360 drive with another one without actually having to flash the new 360 drive is that possible, I can post the link for the video Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lexJIHYwo8

I want to try this becuase microsoft wants to charge me for my repairs, My dvd drive is a HITACHI Lite
Model No: GDR-3120L
X800475-016
Rom Ver: 0079FL

Will this work and if it does can you tell me any good sites to get an actual 360 drive

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I dont think you'll get many answers on here as most people will assume you're a pirate, Jim-lad. But I dont think the worst of people so I'll help what best I can....

xbox-scene.com is your best bet for 360 mods and repairs. Their forums have all the info you could ever need on all things 360.

As for parts, try llamma.com

I just bought some foam pads from them to stop my drive scratching disks.

Hope that helps ;)

Manning

Standard Member
thanks for the response but honestly im not a modder my drive just broke down on me and i wanted to replace it with a brand new drive and i don't even know how to mod or do fimware hacks

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom