• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360 Display Issues.

Davey87

Established Member
Hi guys.

Within the past few days my screen has been flickering blue all over. It was not that noticeable at first. However now, the colours on the screen are out of focus, and usually there is blue colour all over the screen. Usually in the corners and on some of the colours on the graphics.

I thought that this may be my tv, however I tested multiple connections on my own, plus a friends tv, and also my pc monitor. All displayed the werid blue tint.

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this problem, and if it is indeed my xbox. I was looking at the repair options and its looking like it will run up to £80. :(

Thanks for reading.

Dave

*edit*

Also, I have had the red rings randomly over the past couple of weeks. Is that enough to cover the free repair?

Last edited:

pricklespons

Established Member
It sounds like its on the way out!!! I had the same issue, the menu screen started to go out of focus slightly, almost like interference.

The £80 for repair, is that by microsoft???? I would say it would worth hunting round for a new arcade model and pay a little bit more, but knowing you have got a new console!!!!

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
Say it has an intermittent RROD to Microsoft and explain the display fault you're getting now and I'd be very surprised if they didn't fix it under warranty.

Davey87

Established Member
I rang microsoft today. I kept repeating that I get the rings on and off. Aparantly it doesn't matter. Its going to cost me £78 to get it fixed. He tried to sell it me by explaining that it renews my warranty, includes packaging, blah blah.

But its alot of money for a poor student! :)
Ah well... looks like I have no choice!

Any good reports about xbox actually fixing problems? Oh and also, I have to organise a courier to come pick my xbox up. I have to print a packaging label off from microsoft so its free, but I have no idea who to ring to organize it all.

Dave

TcT Sid

Distinguished Member
Is the console over 3 years old Dave and not registered to someone else? If it isnt,register and book the console online and request the repair there under the RROD and they'll fix it free.
Hardware Home

Davey87

Established Member
I have only had my elite for a year and a half. Its registered in my name too. It does get the red ring of death some of the time. What would happen if I sent it in under the red ring probem but they find out that I was lieing?

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
I have only had my elite for a year and a half. Its registered in my name too. It does get the red ring of death some of the time. What would happen if I sent it in under the red ring probem but they find out that I was lieing?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox...y-360s-warranties-consumer-rights-faq-v1.html

The only other alternative to using Microsoft is to chase a replacement through the original retailer under the Sales Of Goods Act. The link above has a awful lot of information but is worth a read to all consumers.

Display faults are very common before both E74 and RROD occurs and on occasions when I've fixed either fault I've had to reflow the GPU a second time due to there being residual artefacting on screen. I'd be surprised if they didn't fix it personally although I'm not sure what they'd do if they decided not to repair. My guess is offer a repair for a charge or perhaps just ship it back to you unrepaired if you refuse. They can in theory try and charge you for shipping but I think it unlikely to happen unless anyone has any horror stories.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom