1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360: Detatchable Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Xbox360_Junkie, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya people...

For those of you who are interested, I’ve decided to look in more detail at the Xbox 360's detachable hard drive. I found an article this afternoon whilst browsing the Bit-Tech website (www.bit-tech.net), written by a gentlemen named Geoff Richards.

To save you guys happening to plough through the article yourself, I’ve regurgitated the most relevant segments, these are presented below:

Basically, as we all probably know by now, the Xbox 360 Hard Drive is going to be 20GB, detachable to store games, music, trailers, levels and demos. The original Xbox featured a standard 3.5" desktop hard drive, a real "porker", especially when compared to Sony's release of the Playstation 2 Slim-line. However, according to Geoff Richards, Microsoft have responded to the criticism well, assigning a much smaller 2.5" notebook hard drive to the Xbox 360. This notebook Hard Drive is approximately 2.75 x 3.94 inches in size (7cm x 10cm) and is less than 10mm tall, it also weighs in at an estimate 100g.

In relation to the manufactures, Seagate were a supplier of the original Xbox's desktop Hard Drive. This makes the Seagate Momentus 5400rpm notebook Hard Drive a possibility for the Xbox 360.

Regards

Jay :clap: