• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Xbox 360 + Denon AVR-1910 = FAIL?

b0redom

Hi All,
I have my Xbox cabled up to my shiny new Denon surround sound amp via HDMI. When I installed Overlord 2 last night, although I was getting surround sound in the main game, I got nothing in the cut scenes.

Flipping from Dolby Digital to 5 channel stereo mode on the amp seemed to fix the problem, but then I don't get proper surround sound.

Anyone got the same setup working correctly?

b0redom

Forgot to mentions, sound doesn't appear to work in Braid either, so it may me that the amp isn't aware of switching between stereo and surround modes. Do I need to do anything in the xbox to make this happen?

jms_uk

My 360 Elite and my AVR 1910 via HDMI seem to work fine together, though admittedly I've not tried it with Braid or Overlord 2.. I did notice however, that when powering up, the Denon needs to be on first before the 360 otherwise it goes into Pro Logic II mode instead of Dolby Digital. Didn't need to set anything special in the 360s System menus either

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom