xbox 360 death list

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzed

Established Member
Reaction score
My 360 got the 3 red rings of death outside of warranty and microsoft refused to repair it without paying them 80quid :eek: ,
so my next avenue was to return it to Game under the sale of goods act

Ive had no response from my recorded letter to Game so im about to start a small claims against them as advised by trading standards.
and to get evidence that this is happening to more than a select few I'd like people with dead xbox 360's to list theirs here in the following format:

DATE OF MANUFACTURE:

DATE PURCHASED:

DATE OF FAILURE:

WOULD YOU SAY THE XBOX LASTED A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME: Y/N

This will also hopefully help others going this route.
have attached the template letter from trading standards site so anyone else wanting to claim under the sale of good act can start the proceedings
Cheers
Eddie

Mods feel free to edit this post if you or anyone else feels ive left something out that should be included

Attachments

• template_letter__for_faulty1.rar
    2.9 KB · Views: 54
here goes with mine to start off

DATE OF MANUFACTURE:20-10-2005

DATE PURCHASED:25-11-2005

DATE OF FAILURE:20-03-2007

WOULD YOU SAY THE XBOX LASTED A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME: No

Do we really need more my xbox is dead threads???

This has been mentioned time and time again, i'm sure one of the threads already up and running would be better for this?

Do we really need more my xbox is dead threads???

This has been mentioned time and time again, i'm sure one of the threads already up and running would be better for this?

Opened this thread not to complain about my xbox just to try help myself and others if they go the small claim court route , you show me 1 thread where this information is already(proof to say it isnt an isolated case but widespread problem) and ill happily ask mods to close it

ed

You have my condolences for your recent loss:(

you show me 1 thread where this information is already and ill happily ask mods to close it

Have you read the Faulty 360s, warranties and consumer rights FAQ V1 written by Munkey Boy which is stickied to the top of this board? It's got pretty much all you need to know.

As well as being a really useful resource, it was compiled, as eternaldark suggested, to stop the board being littered with "OMG It's Dead" threads.

Hope it helps:)

Toko

it was Munkey Boys's excellent sticky that bought me to the route im going now, without it i'd of probably bined the xbox and thought no more about it.
what im trying to do is like trading standard suggested to me was to build a case with proof that this is not an isolated problem to me and is an inherent fault with a lot of consoles.
i could then use this as a reference by print out or give them a link to this thread if your allowed to do such things
ed

Right well this is mine :mad:

DATE OF MANUFACTURE:01-08-2006

DATE PURCHASED:20-11-2006

DATE OF FAILURE:14-04-2007

WOULD YOU SAY THE XBOX LASTED A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME: NO :mad:

OK blitzed - I see where you're coming from, but I'm not convinced we need a new dead 360 thread. We have the FAQ thread which is going strong, and I'm trying to keep the sticky up-to-date with all relevant info, so between those you have all the resources you need to pursue your repair/replacement.

I'm not sure this thread could be used as proof that people have had problems with their 360s, I mean there's no control group is there to show a higher than average fault rate?

We know people are having problems with their consoles, but I don't know we need another thread to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom