Xbox 360 Dashboard Update Public Beta Coming This Month

ukbootlegs

The next Xbox 360 dashboard update, which will include Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM integration, is going into public beta later this month, according to a Microsoft representative at today's Microsoft Open House event in New York City.

Jennifer Puzio-Brookes, an Entertainment Manager for Xbox, showed off the update in a behind-closed-doors session, and it seemed to include all of the major features promised in Microsoft's E3 press conference. Puzio-Brookes mentioned that a public beta will be released "middle-towards-end of October.

Full Story: multiplayerblog.mtv.com

Charlts

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to getting Sky Sports through the dashboard. There seems to be plenty of rumours going about and the press release was May, this looks a good step toward that though!

Ryan

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I thought the full update was out this month :confused:

durera

I saw an advert on the TV for Sky through the Xbox over the weekend so it can't be far off becoming a reality. Whether my dreadful broadband service can deliver streaming TV to an acceptible standard I doubt anyway, so I expect my excitement to be short lived if BBC iPlayer is anything to go by.

Spoonablehippo

I expect my excitement to be short lived if BBC iPlayer is anything to go by.
Really? What BB speed do you have???

Im on the free Sky service which is around about 1.7mbps, and iPlayer on the PS3 runs smooth as silk with very good picture quality! So hopefully the sky player will be just as good :thumbsup:

durera

Really? What BB speed do you have???

Im on the free Sky service which is around about 1.7mbps, and iPlayer on the PS3 runs smooth as silk with very good picture quality! So hopefully the sky player will be just as good :thumbsup:
I'm with O2 at the moment, they are rediculously over-subscribed in the area and the performance from 4pm-11pm weekdays, and anytime over the weekend is completely unacceptable (it's no surprise to me they've started to introduce traffic shaping during peak hours).

My 12 month contract is up soon and I'll be off to a new ISP, no-one can be any worse.

dieeasysteve

I'm with O2 at the moment, they are rediculously over-subscribed in the area and the performance from 4pm-11pm weekdays, and anytime over the weekend is completely unacceptable (it's no surprise to me they've started to introduce traffic shaping during peak hours).

My 12 month contract is up soon and I'll be off to a new ISP, no-one can be any worse.

Not as bad as mine!

BT in the middle of the countryside at the max distance from the exchange. What really bugs me is I still pay the same as the guys with 8meg download speeds, iplayer won't even look at my connection, I can even get it to download programs!:eek:

endaf.e

Standard Member
Not as bad as mine!

BT in the middle of the countryside at the max distance from the exchange. What really bugs me is I still pay the same as the guys with 8meg download speeds, iplayer won't even look at my connection, I can even get it to download programs!:eek:
I agree you should pay for the service you get, not the same as the person on 8meg.

say the price is £10 for 8meg for every meg below that should bw £1 less so for you would be £1.50 £1.75, or make it so that every one on less than 2 meg pays something like £5.

just a thought

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Would be nice if those already "opted in" on the last one were automatically included on this one. Sony had one sign up about a year ago and everyone that made it in is automatically selected on Game Betas etc. A nice system......if you made it in on original sign up.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom