Xbox 360 controller on PS3

24 P

:] XCMLiVE.dot.com [:

Does what the title suggests, MODs please delete this thread if this is a duplicate..
I was going to try a mod of an Xbox 360 controller to fit the PS3 innards till I came over this, obviously you will need a Cabled Xbox 360 controller, I picked 1 up for 30 USD delivered, and this item can be picked up for 60 USD delivered, all up about the same $ as a PS3 rumble pack controller..

I don't play the PS3 at all purely because of its woeful controller, I get cramps..
Xbox 360 I can game all day nps..

Also this site offers many other options, good site, if abit pricey, but much better option than having to solder wires and crap..

:thumbsup:

Tinderbox (UK)

Is it the button layout , or the small size of the ps3 controller that is the problem.

Because if it is the size, could you not buy a 360 silicon skin and fit it to the ps3 controller to give it that extra size.

24 P

Size, and the fact that the left analog is to close.
I think the Xbox 360 controller is a work of art, in saying this, I use 1 for pc gaming..
I bought an extra PS3 NYKO hoping it would be an Xbox 360 equivalent, close, but no medal..

Tinderbox (UK)

I have the PS3 and a 360 and the 360 controller is a lot more comfortable i suppose it designed for larger hands.

I don't have any problems with the button or sticks layout on the PS3 though, it`s just the physical size and aquard angles.

24 P

Yeah hence the x over for me, also the added advantage is the left analog thumb control on the Xbox 360, it is good..
I have read elsewhere how much more responsive the Xbox controller is for FPS, also for driving games the Xbox feels more natural...
I think the overall ergonomics of the Xbox wins..
I won't mention the original Xbox controller, that was woeful and the Asians complained so much they re- released the controller for smaller hands..
What was Billy boy thinking?? that we were all ogres with massive hands??

Land of the giants we are not..

24 P

I should be getting one soon, will report back, from the other forums I have read, it works great, and it supports rumble through the cabled xbox 360 controller which is a bonus and also supports Rapid fire...
Each button can be assigned on/off independently..

Looks better than modding an Xbox/PS3 controller..

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
Was interested when I heard about this... but how would it work on those games that require the six-axis motion control? That's the only thing putting me off buying one.

24 P

6 axis wont work, you need an Xbox 360 6 axis controller, which none exist..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom