• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Xbox 360 contrast levels

Johnny Cass

Trying to set my contrast levels on my xbox 360 using the avshd 709 test patterns and the dve disk.

But i cant seem to get the xbox to make anything above 235 to disappear all bars seem to be flashing.

I had the problem with the ps3 for ages but i had y pb/cb pr/cr super white enabled for ages and when i figured this out i had no more problems with it.

Is there anything more i can do.

Im getting a eye-one lt this week so i can do i bit more with it. starting to really enjoy it but mybe sorting this will help me to understand it a bit better.

Johnny Cass

Sort have found an answer the xbox is displaying 0-255 instead of 16-255

how to you calibrate to these settings?

Johnny Cass

ok i have found when you bring the brightness up to display all the black from 0-255 you can then use the contrast contols and see the image stop at 235. Why is the pic all washed out when displaying all natural colours?

Is there a way to calibrate the xbox 360 correctly or is it just a matter of taste and im just wasting my time?

Last edited:

dUnKle

I think there was a thread in the 360 section
Just trying to locate for you

I belive its something to do with the HDMI output settings (Expanded, Normal etc)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom