Xbox 360 connected to philips tv

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by grumpygopher, Sep 11, 2007.

1. grumpygopher

grumpygopher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys first post so be gentle
    I have just bought at Philips 32PFL7562D/10 and I cannot get any sound when I try to play my Xbox 360 in HD using the xbox 360 component lead.
    The set up on the back of the TV in ext 3 which is the only one I can use for HD is as Follows : red/green/blue plug in fine but there is nowhere to put yellow/red audio plugs. Ext 3 only has an Audio r/l 3.5mm jack socket and H and V left so I can't plug them in.
    I have tried using an adapter 2 phono to 3.5mm jack but that doesn't work either even though philips tech dept said it would.
    I have even bought an toslink optical cable but I think I am now getting out of my depth. I now it fits into xbox 360 and I also have adapter to fit into jack socket - still no sound.
    Does anybody know what i am doing wrong is it something to do with the type of audio signals given out by xbox and received by Tv.
    I am slowly losing my mind messing around can anybody help.:lease:

2. stewby

stewby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The only thing I can think of is that you say the "yellow/red audio plugs". On a component cable the audio plugs are red and white, the yellow is for video (if you use the red/white audio with the yellow cable you get a composite picture).

3. grumpygopher

grumpygopher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for reply
    my mistake I meant white and red, but I have sorted it through using a toslink into a converter and then a coaxial into the digital input. Such a pain in the neck I am going to change the telly instead of having spaghetti junction coming out of my xbox.:thumbsup: