• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

XBOX 360 code for SkyHD RC

TechBox

Standard Member
I'm currently using the latest (?) "SkyHD rev.9F" remote control (Other numbers listed on the label are "URC1672-00-01R00" and "S3F80KBXXV-C0CB") and wondered if it's possible to program a "punch through" (Select+0) for my Xbox360 video playback functionality??

The functions I'd like to control are Play/Pause (possible FF/RW) whilst watching a film on the 360, using the SkyHD remote. Does anyone have a (punch through) code for MCE or XB360 that will work on the above SkyHD remote?

Alternatively, can anyone point me to a site/contact address/person who can confirm if the latest RC has these codes built in?

Any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

TB.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
I know of no code to allow the Sky+HD Remote to control the Xbox. Does the Xbox even have an IR sensor? I don't think it does. Even the media centre remote works via RF doesn't it?

TechBox

Standard Member
I know of no code to allow the Sky+HD Remote to control the Xbox. Does the Xbox even have an IR sensor? I don't think it does. Even the media centre remote works via RF doesn't it?

Whilst there may be RF versions, the Xbox360 does indeed have a IR sensor and menu options to work with multiple RCU's. (I also have a LinkSys DMA2200 IR RCU which operates the XB360 correctly)

I also have the IR codes (for a Pronto) but that doesn't help with a SkyHD RCU as it's not programmable (is it?) :(

Last edited:

logiciel

No and I don't think they allow for much more than TVs and maybe amplifiers.
Time for a universal remote for you perhaps? ;)

TechBox

Standard Member
No and I don't think they allow for much more than TVs and maybe amplifiers.
Time for a universal remote for you perhaps? ;)

I don't give up that easily! ;) - I like the ergonomics of the Sky remote (after using various ones for years) and haven't found a universal remote to rival it ergonomically, is there one?

I have emailed Universal Electronics BV so will see what they say... I've also found that it contains a JP1.4 which 'may' enable direct programming via a suitable cable as a last resort!? (see JP1 Remotes :: Index)

Has anyone taken a rev.9F appart yet?

logiciel

Yes, many universal remotes, such as the Harmony One and 900, which are similar, but better ergonomically imho.

Paul_McG

I think it's very unlikely that you will find a code to allow you to control your XBOX. The Sky remote has been designed to control fixed hardware (a Sky box) and changeable hardware (a TV set). The code entered allows it to transmit different codes for the numbers, volume and mute; whilst the STOP, PLAY and such are fixed, and designed to work the Sky box. To control the XBOX would require it to change the STOP, PLAY and other functions.

I did read somewhere that you will be able a 'Kinect' to control Sky Player.
Maybe that's the way forward, do away with the remote and simply wave at the TV.

You are quite right that the 9F is the latest version of the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom