• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360, Can't resist it any more!!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Hi

Might be buying a 360 soon as I can't resist it too much longer. :)

Do places all have them in stock now and where is the best/cheapest high street shop to get them from?

Probably looking for the Premium package and two games.

Thanks
Greg

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
They seem to be more easily available now but you might still have a little trouble finding one, depends on where you live.

Also, most if not all places are charging RRP for the console and games and even the bundles Game are doing dont work out cheaper so personally I would get the games you want from somewhere like Play.com and just pickup a console for £279.99 from where you can find it.

Razor

Distinguished Member
:thumbsup: Go on Greg you wont be sorry, the 360 is an excellent toy. ;)

Phelan

Established Member
I found mine on www.xbox360locator.co.uk

Its a pretty good site. I was there by pure chance in Feb and saw that Woolies had some premiums in stock. Paid for it with my debit card and 2 days later I have an xbox :D It was all very painless. I hadn't even thought about buying one before then.

dannius

Prominent Member
www.game.uk.com have got them back in now, as have the Game store in Braintree, Essex where I live. I agree with what others have said though, get the console wherever you can and then get some games off Play or Amazon as they're at least £10 cheaper.

I've had my 360 since launch and it's fantastic. :smashin:

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
I checked out the 360 games in town today and they were all either £50 or £55 complete rip off gonna have to buy online it looks like, anyone know any sites where the games are cheaper than £40?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Thanks for the replies. I will probably get this tomorrow somewhere, so will likely do as you suggest and buy the Premium pack on its own and get the games elsewhere although I would like at least one game to play over the weekend.

Any ideas for the cheapest games in the high street. Not too bothered if it's a couple of quid more than play etc but no way on earth will I ever pay more than £40 ripoff price for any game no matter how good it is. So it's under £40 or nothing. :)

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
If you want a cheap game for the weekend get a 2nd hand title from the high street and then flog it on later, won't end up costing you too much that way. Don't buy a new game from the high street for £50, rip off!!!!

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
If you're looking for new games under forty quid on the High Street then pop yourself along to Argos. At the moment they are significantly undercutting prices of their high street rivals.

Razor

Distinguished Member
GregHook said:
Thanks for the replies. I will probably get this tomorrow somewhere, so will likely do as you suggest and buy the Premium pack on its own and get the games elsewhere although I would like at least one game to play over the weekend.

Any ideas for the cheapest games in the high street. Not too bothered if it's a couple of quid more than play etc but no way on earth will I ever pay more than £40 ripoff price for any game no matter how good it is. So it's under £40 or nothing. :)

I think ASDA were doing cheap 360 games.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Would never pay £50 for a game ever! Thanks for the 2nd hand suggestion, sounds like a good idea. Where could I get 2nd hand games from on the high street. Is it the likes of game/gamestation etc?

lee789

Established Member
I've found this forum to be the best place to get games. Around 30.00 I've paid but I've seen some go for less.
(You'd have probably thought of that already).

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
GregHook said:
Would never pay £50 for a game ever! Thanks for the 2nd hand suggestion, sounds like a good idea. Where could I get 2nd hand games from on the high street. Is it the likes of game/gamestation etc?

Not sure how much game/gamestation charge for pre-owned games but amazon seems to be around 30-35 for second hand games, worth a look

D

Deleted member 92943

GAME are £45 for a pre-owned game. I'm gtting mine from now on from play.com £40 new

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I think I might have to get one for £39.99 just so I have something to play over the weekend and get the rest from the classifieds here.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

dllord

Established Member
coombes123 said:
also music zone (used to be mvc where i live) have games for £39.99. a couple of the newer ones are £45 though

Yeah music zone are cheap!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Jesus what a load of hassle trying to get a game.

Got my Xbox Premium in the first shop I went to (Argos) for £279.99 but they had no decent games, in particular PGR3 which I wanted.

Tried loads of shops but the ripoff merchants of HMV, Dixons, Game and Gamestation wanted £44.99 or £49.99 for it.

Finally tried another Argos and got PGR3 for £39.99.

It's the only time I would buy on the high street as I just needed something to play with over the weekend. Will buy the rest of mine on the classifieds here I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom