Quantcast

Xbox 360 camera not being detected through USB converters

zero_cool

Standard Member
Hi,
I have a situation where all of my media installation is sealed. I wanted to add my xbox camera but could not drop the cable down through the install. Luckily I had added a USB cable for future use when I built it. The problem though, is that the USB cable is A male to B male. I therefore got some converters, 1 A female to female, so that I could connect the camera initially. Then B female to A female and finally A male to A male.

I have connected it all and when plugging in, the xbox reports that no camera is connected. I plugged it through to a PC and it dings and detects the camera, so I know that the cables are ok. I also connected the camera directly to the console and it connects fine.

Is there some built in feature with the xbox 360 that would be preventing this?
Thanks.

zero_cool

Standard Member
Oh, plot thickens. I did have it connected via my HD DVD drive but have just plugged it directly to the console and it now works. Maybe there is something up with my HD DVD drive, so I will continue testing.

zero_cool

Standard Member
Looks like it does not want to play at all through the HD DVD drive. Guess that will go on Ebay as HD DVD is an obsolete anyway

Top Bottom