• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360 Audio HDMI

titch71

At present i am swapping my 360 video cable between a VGA and HDMI cable.

My HDMI goes from the 360 to my 40" Sony HDTV. This supplies both Audio and Video through the HDMI cable.

My VGA goes from the 360 to my Compaq CRT for Video and into my pc line-in for my Audio.

To reduce the amount of cable swapping and long term damage to the connectors i was thinking about getting a LCD monitor with HDMI for my PC.

The dell Dell S2409W seems a pretty good deal for it's price but it doesn't look like it does Audio pass through.

If i get the MS HDMI cable and use the adaptor to provide Audio for the 24"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-HDMI-Cable-X360/dp/B000VUVCK6

When the audio adaptor is used does Audio still come out via both the HDMI and the Phono jacks?

MadaCup

Keep us updated, i'm looking into this monitor to replace my Samsung 2232BW. I like the idea of HDMI to my monitor as well. I also have to switch between HDMI/VGA but normally play through the computer monitor.

titch71

Keep us updated, i'm looking into this monitor to replace my Samsung 2232BW. I like the idea of HDMI to my monitor as well. I also have to switch between HDMI/VGA but normally play through the computer monitor.

Will do m8 - not quite sure what i am going to do just yet. How often have you been swapping over the connectors and are they holding up pretty well?

I've just got the HDTV so might hold off for a wee bit.

Found this at misco so that might be worthwhile to protect the 360's HDMI.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications...?EdpNo=292142&sourceid=2459&CAWELAID=91127191

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom