1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 aspires to break Japan

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by harrisuk, May 23, 2005.

1. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I read that too. Unfortunately I still think they’ll be fighting an uphill battle when the X360 launches. The Playstation brand is just too strong over there.

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    If anyone can do it I think MS can.

There were several reasons why the first Xbox didnt make it. I think they have learned their lesson and now they should be able to do something good in japan.

Its a good design, good specs and more importantly, good software which can appeal to the japanese.

They still have Sony to think about, but since the XBox is coming first, that should help them out.

We shall see. At the end of the day, the japanese market is a lot smaller than the US or EU markets so I dont really care if it succedes in Jp or not. Ill be geting a US machine.

4. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd consider myself more a "Japanese" gamer, in that I like quirky ideas and RPGs rather than racing and FPS games. If Sakaguchi or anyone else develops some interesting RPGs for the 360 I'd definitely be interested in getting one.