Xbox 360 - Any 'Must Have' Exclusives Coming?

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
First and foremost can I say I do not wish to flash people up by this thread - I am asking a genuine question to prevent me making a mistake...

I am predominantly a PC gamer - of the 20 odd games I play a year normally around 18 are on that platform. Despite this I have, over the last year, purchased all the new consoles - first an Xbox 360, then a Wii and finally a PS3. However wiith so many PC games coming in the next 2 years I can no longer really justify owning so many consoles - they simply won't get used. To this end I sold my Wii last week. I am now thinking of doing the same with my Xbox 360.

Is this a wise move? I don't use Live! on the Xbox 360 (I play a little Halo 2 on the PC so will keep my Gold account) so feel that a substantial 'plus' of that system doesn't really apply to me. Secondly I don't feel the 360 has any games I want that I won't be able to purchase on the PC or PS3. I've only played a handful of games on the system - all bar Dead Rising have been available elsewhere. So what I'm really asking is are there any Xbox 360 exclusive titles coming that a FPS/RPG/Action fan really wouldn't want to miss out on?

The other option is, of course, keep the 360 and sell the PS3. But I've ruled that out at the latter platform is likely to have some excellent 'hack n slash' games that I will never see on a PC/Xbox 360 combi such as God Of War. Plus I prefer it's gamepad.

I would just like to conclude by saying I think the Xbox 360 is a fantastic console - every bit as powerful as the PS3. I think it has some excellent concepts (Achievements) and I think it fantastic that Microsoft have matched/beaten Sony. It's just as a PC gamer the console is just too close to what I already have.

Erm i'm going to miss loads here coz im not up to date but

Mass Effect - this is the big one for me
Bioshock??
Halo3
PGR4 - i don't like it but...
GTA 4 - exclusive content
Halo Wars
Banjo & Kazooie 3
Splinter Cell 5
Doom arcade
and Halo 4 has just been announced for some reason

Bioshock??
Halo3
Halo Wars
Banjo & Kazooie 3
Splinter Cell 5
Doom arcade
Cheers for your reply. I have factored in the games you list but for me personnally I don't feel it is enough.

Bioshock looks like it will be the game of the year - but the Direct X 10 PC version will be best. And the Halo games will end up on the PC sooner rather than later - I'm not a big enough fan of the series to warrant purchase as soon as they first appear. So the only game or real interest on that list (for me) is Mass Effect. I had a look at the previews and it does look very good.

Despite Gears Of War 2 and Mass Effect though (both of which may end up on the PC), I don't think it warrants keeping the 360. An entirely personal decision and heavily influenced by the fact I am also a PC gamer.

Erm i'm going to miss loads here coz im not up to date but

Bioshock??
Halo3
Halo Wars
Banjo & Kazooie 3
Splinter Cell 5
Doom arcade

+ Lost Oddyssey
Blue Dragon
Too Human

although that could very well depend on the outcome of the recent lawsuit they filed against epic.
They're trying to recoup costs and claim damages but my understanding is they're pretty much using their own engine now. The game could be delayed as a consequence, but not cancelled.

To the OP, this should help you out:

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7252

A pretty accurate list of announced "exclusives" with stars denoting those appearing on PC.

360 has more console exclusives (released and unreleased) but less absolute exclusives.

If you're a PC gamer first and foremost, I'd probably say PS3 long term is a good bet. Short term, I wouldn't want to miss Mass Effect or the GTA IV exclusive content or wait a year to play Halo 3.

I'd probably want to wait till Leipzig too, where MS is likely show off some of its 2008/unannounced stuff.

There's really only Heavenly Sword on PS3 this year anyway, unless Uncharted makes it.

Not sure these are exclusive to the 360 over the PS3, however if you have never tried music games then Guitar Hero III and Rock Band are going to be awesome, and its essential you get the guitars, drums etc as these make the games.

I used to be a FPS addict, however with Guitar Hero II (probably one of the most addictive games of all time) I have been converted!! :thumbsup:

Oh - and get your 360 online - thats where half the fun is!

Although I think the Xbox 360's catalogue of games beats the PS3's hands down, particularly in terms of console exclusives, as a PC gamer first and foremost I'd have to agree with your decision to stick with the PS3.

If you're only going to buy a couple of console games a year, and are looking for titles that will never make their way onto the PC your best best is either the Wii or the PS3. Given you've already dropped the Wii, it looks like your decision is made.

The 360's exclusives will inevitably end up on Vista Games for Windows, which makes most of the exclusive games "timed exclusives" as far as you are concerned. Whereas most of the Sony exclusives are very unlikely to hit the PC, ever.

I used to be a PC gamer primarily. I still play PC games, but with the current generation of consoles now pumping out HD graphics comparable to PC games I find it hard to justify the yearly upgrade costs to do the games justice :(

The other option is, of course, keep the 360 and sell the PS3. But I've ruled that out at the latter platform is likely to have some excellent 'hack n slash' games that I will never see on a PC/Xbox 360 combi such as God Of War. Plus I prefer it's gamepad.

I would just like to conclude by saying I think the Xbox 360 is a fantastic console - every bit as powerful as the PS3. I think it has some excellent concepts (Achievements) and I think it fantastic that Microsoft have matched/beaten Sony. It's just as a PC gamer the console is just too close to what I already have.

I think you have already answered your own question :)

quite why you would want to stick with the PS3 when the 360 has the best games coming out this autumn is a mystery.
I would only take the PS3 because of the Blueray player.
The likes of Halo3 etc may well come to the PC, however when exactly ?

PS3 will take a bit long to get there own new exclusives etc, after losing so many to Microsoft.

I do think that if you have a kick-ass PC and you're not interested in Live or Halo 3, it may well be the wise choice to stick with the PS3. Many of the 360 "exclusives" will be available on PC also, whereas you couldn't say the same about the PS3 exclusives. That said, I don't think the PS3 will come into it's own until next year.

I do think that if you have a kick-ass PC and you're not interested in Live or Halo 3, it may well be the wise choice to stick with the PS3. Many of the 360 "exclusives" will be available on PC also, whereas you couldn't say the same about the PS3 exclusives. That said, I don't think the PS3 will come into it's own until next year.

What he said :smashin:

Guys - thank you :thumbsup: I questioned whether it was worth posting on this topic and whether it would just start a flaming match. All your answers have been helpful and informative.

I greatful for those who have confirmed my reasoning with regards to 360 exclusive games by and large likely to end up on 'Games For Windows'. I appreciate the 360 has the better range of titles at present (breadth, quality and graphics) but realistically I'll only play a couple of consoles games this year - Resistence: Fall Of Man and The Darkness - so the PS3 will suffice. With the growing number of 360/PC multi-platform games though I'm sure you'll see me about on Live! (I'm keeping my Gold account).

GOod luck. Your decision is based on many things, and to be honest your probably making the right decision given you already own all consoles. The PS3 will be getting GTA4 etc, and the PC will also be getting Halo 3.
In all honesty, I would quite like a PS3 for the blueray player, but can't justify spending the money.
Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom