XBOX 360 and Surround Sound, best option?

M

mikier

I want to have a home cinema set-up, but also have surround sound for my xbox 360....so I figured that I would just buy the speakers for the 360.

However I need some help. I have a samsung 32M61 but would like the ability to use two of the speakers at least for normal TV watching, i.e. NTL digitial, as I feel the internal speakers on the TV are good but would like better sound hence use two speakers (L/R) from the 5:1 set-up......

Also in the future I may buy the Samsung DVD 950 player and connect through HDMI....

So what are the best options to have this set-up, i.e. the 360, TV (with two speakers) and samsund DVD player? Should I get an amplifier...don't know much about these

Another scenario, if I was to only get the suround sound speakers for the 360 now do I need to get ones that are plugged to a powers source, i.e. a wall socket?

safekidda

Standard Member
Get a dolby digital av receiver. You can then have xbox in 5.1, dvd in 5.1, ntl/sky etc in dolby pro-logic:thumbsup:

M

mikier

Thanks, can you recomend one and how much do they generally cost?

windfall

You can pick up amps/receivers from a couple of hundred quid - you really need to decide what you're budget is.
Cheers
Tone

M

mikier

Well 300 Euro would be fine, does anyone have one that they can recommend?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom