xbox 360 and kinect

sunderland

Novice Member
just after a bit of advice going to buy this for the kids in the bedroom,now would the 4gb be fine for this or is it better to get the 250gb,or can i use a spare 16gb flash drive and plug that into 1 of the usb ports,been a while since i used a xbox so any advice will be helpfull

DJSigma

Banned
Whether you get the 250GB over the 4GB depends on what deals you can get on bundles, and whether your kids are likely to want to install games to the hard drive or use Live to download demos, XBLA games, DLC etc.

You can use a USB stick to add storage space, as long as it passes the performance test done by the 360 (most decent brand name sticks should pass).

Also, take into consideration the space requirements for Kinect, especially as it'll be used in a bedroom. You need about 6 feet of space for 1 player games and 8 feet for 2 player. Some people on here have got it to work with less space than that, but I would assume that's the minimum you need as that's what's recommended by MS.

sunderland

Novice Member
thanks for the help the room is 13ft by 13ft so it should be fine and its really only for playing games not bothered about downloading them or installing them on the hardrive,

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
its really only for playing games not bothered about downloading them or installing them on the hardrive,
I would consider the 4 GB S and Kinect bundle then and you can always add a hard drive later. I saw this bundle in Tesco last weekend for £235 instead of £249.99.

m1ket

Agre with mjpartyboy the arcade pack is perfect for what you need the 250gb hdd would be wasted

Korum

It might be a bit of a trek depending where you live but Tesco's Extra in Stockton-on-Tees had quite a few 4gb Kinect bundles at £235 when I was in there on Tuesday night.

sunderland

Novice Member
thanks ive just been to the one at hartlepool and the wife had £20 voucher so got it for £215,thanks anyway,i no its for the kids but dying to put it on and have a go myself but the wife wont let me

Korum

thanks ive just been to the one at hartlepool and the wife had £20 voucher so got it for £215,thanks anyway,i no its for the kids but dying to put it on and have a go myself but the wife wont let me
Nice one:thumbsup: I bought our Kinect as a Christmas present for the Kids but it was open and installed within 5 minutes of getting delivered.:D I'll have to get the Kids something else for Christmas.

sunderland

Novice Member
no dont say that im dying to get on it,keep telling the wife i have to try it out to see if it is fine but tesco told her we have till end of january to take it back so thats not working

Korum

Your Lass is far too clued up, it sounds like you're not going to be able to sleep on Christmas Eve.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom