Xbox 360 and HDMI TV

carl1984

Standard Member
so.........

ive got a hdtv with a hdmi connection

but can i connect my xbox to it and it be high definition?

or do i need a different kind of telly?

cheers

Disturber

I imagine you have component or vga connections, both of which are supported by the 360 and both of which provide HD. Happy gaming.

Disturber

Forgot to say, that at the moment, the 360 does not have HDMI support, will hopefully be rectified in the future.

carl1984

Standard Member
so if i just plug a 360 into the component, it will transmit a HD signal through that?

why do they have 6 wires on them then? (2 audio , 1 yellow video) then what are the others for?

DD3

composite video is standard defenition and uses the yellow connector with the red and white being audio.

COMPONENT (or rbg) video uses the red green and blue connectors + red and white for audio and can transmit HD

the component lead comes with the premium pack and can be used to connect to HD sets that support an RGB/component connection, otherwise (and the best option usually) use a VGA connection (same as most PCs use).

If you have to use HDMI you can buy a VGA or component to HDMI convertor box for about £150.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom