Xbox 360 and Full HD, Yes or no?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mafarreco, Sep 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mafarreco

mafarreco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi!
    Jist wanted your input if its worth to buy a Full HD (no bigger than 40"), to use with my Xbox360.
    Thats the main reason why i intend to buy an LCD, and i wonder if with hd-ready i will be limited in the future.
    Thanks for listening,
    Maf :)

2. jrp023

jrp023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    personally no, have not seen much difference particularly at that size , however i guess it would all come down to money, if it were only an extra £100 i may be tempted (just too see the new hd-dvd 24fps upgrades) but it is by no means essential and a standard hd-ready tv is not a bad buy.

3. robinthakur

robinthakur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Does the HD DVD drive on the xbox really output 1080p/24 over its rubbish analogue VGA connection? Surely not. This assumes that he's not using one of those newer revisions with HDMI of course. The PS3 does do this from Blu-Ray, I'm duty bound to point out.

The above said rubbish analogue connection looks pretty glorious at full HD on my Samsung F86, I would recommend Full HD TV's wherever possible, cash allowing. Its much easier to downscale than upscale remember (i.e. you canc't add any more physical pixels to the TV). Its not like 720p feeds look rubbish on the 1080P sets.