1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 and 19' tft

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Relica, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Relica

Relica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I know this has been answered in a way on the sticky above. However, I need a bit more advice.

I have been kicked out of the living room and will have to use the new xbox 360 in my study. What I need is some advice.

My current PC monitor is an old crt which flickers so I need to change it. I want to combine my PC and Xbox 360 on a new 19' TFT monitor. Can I combine the two and will the 360 work on a TFT monitor?

Should I buy a 17' LCD instead. Any advice appreciated before I go out and buy. Thanks. :lease:

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Go for the fastest reponse time possible. (ie. 16ms and under).

3. Tojal City

Tojal City
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There are already monitor with a response time of 4ms (from LG and Samsung) and they are not very expensive.
    And yes, even if your monitor only has one entrance, (VGA oir DVI) you can buy some kind of a switcher, just look in the web. It will even work with your speakers (but only in stereo, with 5.1 it’s more complicated)

4. pitchin4eva

pitchin4eva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    anyone got a link for a switcher as unplugging computer from monitor to plug in xbox360 everytime I want to play it won't be fun

5. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +691
    Hi, I've just bought a 19'' 4:3 samsung syncmaster 910mp from PC World for £280.It's an LCD TV and has VGA and RGB Scart input's.It's got a response time of 8ms and has one of the most unintrusive backlights I've seen on an LCD.

It looks superb with my PC and there is no ghosting whatsoever on games, the TV Tuner is average and my Xbox looks good through the RGB Scart but not a patch on 460p running through my plasma.I'd like to try the xbox with a component to vga box, i think it would really shine on this TV.Even the 2.5 watt speakers sound quite beefy.

Overall it's a brilliant buy at £280 and it might be worth you taking a look.

6. Relica

Relica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice will take a look. You say the picture with your current xbox is acceptable. I assume with the new technology available with the 360 the picture will improve. Sorry but I am new to all this technical stuff. :confused:

The thing that frustrates me is that there doesn't seem to be a good answer to getting a PC and xbox running together through a monitor. The issue for me is that I can't go back to 3:4 because I like widescreen and the comments I have heard about widescreen LCD's and xbox are not good?

Apparently, Evesham do a widescreen LCD but its not cheap at £450.

Cheers