Quantcast

Xbox 2 / Xbox Two / Xbox Scarlett

Mr Allen

Novice Member
Meh, if I have to buy a whole new set of games because it's not backward compatible to current Xbox One games they can sod right off, unless they stop making 'One games and I HAVE to upgrade.

Trouble is, by 2020, the One will be considered retro and the games and hardware will go for hardly anything on eBay.

D

Deleted member 92943

Meh, if I have to buy a whole new set of games because it's not backward compatible to current Xbox One games they can sod right off, unless they stop making 'One games and I HAVE to upgrade.

Trouble is, by 2020, the One will be considered retro and the games and hardware will go for hardly anything on eBay.
Riiiiiiight....

Indiana Jones

That isn’t something that will happen, going forward all Xbox’s will play all games it’s just that in the more powerful system you will obviously get the better experience.

next010

Distinguished Member
Also something worth keeping in mind from that piece MS is building two versions of xcloud one around the Xbox One platform and the other around Xbox Scarlett.

That means developers are still going to be targeting Xbox One for some time to come.

The reason why there are two is because according to the leaks scarlett cloud games can deliver a superior cloud gaming experience but it requires custom hardware/software, this makes the existing Xbox One library useless and smart tv's or phones are unlikely to have scarlett compatible hardware in them any time soon.

I figure the xcloud one will be what delivers games to pretty much anything that streams Xbox from the cloud, the xcloud scarlett will only stream to scartlett devices.

DarkEntity

***...wrong thread