XBOX 1st Gen Green Light On & Off wont Boot

OmenCheppy

Standard Member
hi guys, please help me on this one: i have this xbox for quite sometime now and i haven't used it for like 3 yrs. and so, then i decided to use it again. at first it booted perfectly. i put a new hard drive and tried to set it up as new using Auto Installer Deluxe. it had finished formating my new drive and i was going to install a dash when it suddenly hung. it seated for like 10 mins or so.so i tried to shut it down by pulling the plu coz the power off button won't work. after that it wont boot anymore and all i see is green light turning on and off simultaneously. so i opened up my Xbox and found out that the CPU heat sink was not clipped on. it got loosen somehow so i clipped it back on and tried to put it back on but all i see is that green light again going on and off. i have tried diffrent video cables and power cables but no good.oh btw it's modded and i'm using smartXX LT OPX modchip.

Any advice would be very helpfull.
thanks in advance :)
-=Marcus=-

OmenCheppy

Standard Member
OK i think i have an idea what makes the green and light turns on and off. i opened up the DVD ROM of my Xbox and found out that there is a burnt ribbon cable connecting to the motor that holds up the DVD media. I'll try to change the ribbon and see what will happen...???...

OmenCheppy

Standard Member
After trying to re solder the DVD drive cable ribbon and putting it back on still the problem persists. (Green light turns on after a second or two turns off again simultaneously). So i rule out the DVD rom drive. Still looking for possible problems.

OmenCheppy

Standard Member
Ok, after doing alot of research and reading and everything, i had fixed my Xbox. The problem was the EEPROM. It got corrupted somehow while i'm in the process of installing my dash when it hanged. I changed the EEPROM took it from an old Xbox Mobo and it worked.
I hope this could help other guys who might encounter this problem.

Peace!!!
-=Marcus=-

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom