xbox 1 disc reading problem

kreid

Novice Member
Recently I put an xbox 360 disc that was backwards compatible (CoD MW3) because I was bored of what games I had on my one. Later on, I decided to go back to playing some xbox one games, but they stopped working. It always gave me the message to "insert the disc". I tried with 5 different xbox one games, and the discs aren't scratched or anything. It will however, read 360 discs. Have I put it in some sort of mode that only reads 360 discs that I can change in the settings, or is it some sort of disc reading problem to do with the xbox one? In short, is this an easy fix or do I need a new xbox? Thanks.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
sorry I don't really have help on this but have you tried to see if you can watch a Blu-ray?

NM2160

Recently I put an xbox 360 disc that was backwards compatible (CoD MW3) because I was bored of what games I had on my one. Later on, I decided to go back to playing some xbox one games, but they stopped working. It always gave me the message to "insert the disc". I tried with 5 different xbox one games, and the discs aren't scratched or anything. It will however, read 360 discs. Have I put it in some sort of mode that only reads 360 discs that I can change in the settings, or is it some sort of disc reading problem to do with the xbox one? In short, is this an easy fix or do I need a new xbox? Thanks.

Have you tried doing a 'Hard Reset' ?.

You can do this a couple of ways ....

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Hold down the XBOX power button on the front of the console for 10 secs & the console will reboot itself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom