1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOL LIVE ZOOM X5 Modem Problem-Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by dimi3, May 5, 2005.

1. dimi3

dimi3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have a zoom x5 modem 5554 and i have started using the Xbox Live with 2 games Top spin and PES4.
    On PES4 most things run fine,besides the gameplay stopping for 10-15 seconds every 2-3 games i play.
    as far as Top spin every time i start playing about 5-10 minutes into play a box appears saying that connection has been lost.Can someone help with any settings i might need to adjust?I am using Bulldog DSL.

Regards

Dimitris

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Try putting the Xbox I.P address in the modem's DMZ.

Some games use different ports that need to be opened, but I would just put it the xbox address into DMZ and see how you get along with that.

3. dimi3

dimi3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually tried that,and i hope i did it right, and it just made things worst.cutting off conection even faster.Not sure what to try...

4. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    When I had a zoom x4, I had to use the IP address from the DHCP Routing table (the I.P address only appears if the xbox is on at the time). It was in a form of like 10.0.0.5, not 192.168.1.3 for example. The encapsulation mode sould be set to PPoA VC Mux aswell.

Also make sure the 'Disconnect time' in your modems options is set to 0, and that 'Automatic connect' box is ticked.

Once you have checked these options, and made adjustments if neccessary, save them. Turn the modem off for 15minutes, the turn it back on.
    Go into the ADSL status and make you are seeing the speeds you are supposed to be seeing. Make sure everything on the phone has an ADSL filter, including sky boxes and other phones, and maybe try swapping the filter connected to the Zoom with another.

Also it may be worth checking what version of firmware you are using, and get an update. Be careful though, I remember there being different types of Zoom x5's out there and they have different firmware.

5. dimi3

dimi3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot understand what is happening.I have made the updates,contacted zoom,made the DMZ changes,opened up three ports that x box customer support told me and yet i still lose my connection...Any further advice is more than welcome.

6. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Next step would be to contact your ISP. There maybe a problem with your connection or even some upgrading being done on your exchange.

For a quick look to see if there are any problems on your exhange check HERE.

BTW I would still used the DMZ option rather than opening ports as some games tend to use different ports, despite what xbox customer services tells us.

Have you been into the xbox dash and made sure you settings are IC = 1, MT = 1, NT =1.?

7. dimi3

dimi3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can i find those settings??Thank for the replies!

8. dimi3

dimi3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually did manage to check the settings.All are 1.