Xbob 360 brightness issue...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by don-noledge, Feb 10, 2009.

1. don-noledge

don-noledge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

Had this problem with my 360 for a while now, I think i've narrowed it down to the console as i've tried several hdmi cables and 3 lcd tv's (even on my new Sony 40w45000) and it still persists.

Basically on certain games - mainly Gears of War, Call of Duty and Lego Indy if you encounter dark images such as shadows,caves etc the overall brightness of the screen lowers and you lose practially all detail in shadows and images that should just be dark go pitch black with no detail at all. Best example is on the menus of Call of Duty 5. Going in and out of an option you can clearly see the brightness drop then rise again as you change menu screens. It doesn't always do it but more often than not. And it makes any games with dark scenes virtually unplayable as you just cannot see whats going on.

I've not had any problems with brightness and contrasting with bluray or my Freeview box so im pretty sure its the 360, wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows if I have a faulty box?

2. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Could be a faulty box although it sounds unlikely. Have you tried it through component as well by any chance or VGA? I'd go that route first and see what findings you get. If you got the same fault then I'd look at getting it repaired/replaced.