1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbmc (xbox media center) and plasma tv's = good?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Leifman, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Leifman

Leifman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean i use my XBOX as the main source to view xvid/divx/dvds/etc'
    and till today with both of the tv's i baught i had a very unplesent affect called ghosting/shadowing/hallowing or so with black scenes in movies/tvrips/etc'.
    v.soon im going to order a NEC 42" plasma (hdtv capeable ofcourse)
    and i want to know if there are people here with a plasma + xbox(xbmc) which tryd to run for exmple the tvshow 24(which have alot of dark/black scenes) dvd's or dvdrips and had any problam with black scenes
    thanks in advance, daniel.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,663
    I have viewed stuff on my plasma using XBMC and its perfectly ok . Obviously a lot of it is to do with the file you are using .
    For DVD's I still use my trusty , soon to be upgraded , Tosh over component
    John

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yep xbox media player is good especially if you have it hooked up to you nework, you can stream avi files, mp3 etc directly from your PC. Personally I dont use it that much anymore, I picked up a cheap Divx dvd player for the Tv series downloads.

It plays every file I have tried and the quality is excellent. It was so good in fact I got a second one for the bedroom. You get around 12 hours of max quality divx on a dvd. Thats Over half a series of 24, lost, desperate house wives etc.

Thats good enough for me. It was £42 delivered from Special Reserve. Great for the money.