XBMC Setup & Support thread- Part 3!

Guys I have a decent amount of albums and when I go into music/albums it displays some in album format whilst others are listed as individual songs in album view? Why is this?

Also any ideas how I can get artwork etc as again some have and some don't.

Would it be anything to do with the album being tagged as to why it's not listing as an album like others.

It's taken me many months to get XBMC set up just right on my ATV2. Now I have bought a second ATV2 for another room and want it configured in exactly the same was as my other.

Is there a way I can copy the profile and settings over from one box to another?

Thanks mipmip. Looking at that, I'm not sure it does relate to ATV2 but in any case, it looks waaay over my head!

What skins are people currently using? I'm using the Aeon MQ3 but thinking about trying something else. If I do change to another skin do I have to re-do all my smart playlists etc or will they be carried over to the other skin?

Been using refocus for over a year now. I and I can't fault it, some great mods for it as well

Jakks said:
Been using refocus for over a year now. I and I can't fault it, some great mods for it as well

I really like Refocus BIG but it massacres my CPU usage - stays at 100% at idle, rather than 2% with confluence

What skins are people currently using? I'm using the Aeon MQ3 but thinking about trying something else. If I do change to another skin do I have to re-do all my smart playlists etc or will they be carried over to the other skin?

Smart playlist are kept in a separate folder from the skin (if I remember correctly) so you should be good to go.:thumbsup:

It's taken me many months to get XBMC set up just right on my ATV2. Now I have bought a second ATV2 for another room and want it configured in exactly the same was as my other.

Is there a way I can copy the profile and settings over from one box to another?

What skin are you using with your ATV2? I have one in the bedroom and I'm using the basic one (can't remember it's name!). It is slow to load though so not sure if another skin would make it slower.

What skin are you using with your ATV2? I have one in the bedroom and I'm using the basic one (can't remember it's name!). It is slow to load though so not sure if another skin would make it slower.

I use the defualt (Confluence?). I'm really not into all the other daft ones, which when I have tried them just for fun really slow everything down.

Hello can you walk me through the advanced launcher with regard to snes emulators. I have tried several times to get it working and have no idea what i am doing.

Hi all.

I'm about to set up XBMC on a nettop for the first time and need advice on a remote control to use it with.

I am keen on using (specifically) the following Logitech Harmony remote, because it's cheap and smart.

Logitech Harmony 200 Universal Remote Control - All-in-one, TV,DVD,Sky,Freeview 05099206026599 | eBay

Could anyone tell me if this will work? If you need any more info please let me know. I think I will be using Openelec and Eden 11.0 on an Acer Revo RL70.

I know I will need an IR receiver but the first step is knowing if that remote will even work (and work well, as in no lag etc) before I can get to that.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
djfonti said:
Hi all.

I'm about to set up XBMC on a nettop for the first time and need advice on a remote control to use it with.

I am keen on using (specifically) the following Logitech Harmony remote, because it's cheap and smart.

Logitech Harmony 200 Universal Remote Control - All-in-one, TV,DVD,Sky,Freeview 05099206026599 | eBay

Could anyone tell me if this will work? If you need any more info please let me know. I think I will be using Openelec and Eden 11.0 on an Acer Revo RL70.

I know I will need an IR receiver but the first step is knowing if that remote will even work (and work well, as in no lag etc) before I can get to that.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

Whether the remote will work will depend on your IR receiver - all harmony's do is emulate other remotes.

I use a harmony with an official Microsoft mce remote receiver and it works very well.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks tredman. I will go ahead and order that remote.

Just trying to find a suitable receiver now, from a UK seller. I can't find any of the HP ones.

djfonti said:
Thanks tredman. I will go ahead and order that remote.

Just trying to find a suitable receiver now, from a UK seller. I can't find any of the HP ones.

I got one of mine from eBay, just search for official mce receiver.

Is it possible to install TV Catchup on the ATV2?

I have found discussions on the topic, but no instructions on how to achieve this.

Right, have finally started to get somewhere with the games section. I have got the sega megadrive working but thats it.

also do you have to set the emu to auto fullscreen? and how do you exit a game without minimising the emu first and quitting?

Struggling a bit with snes, using zsnes but cant get it to autoload the roms it just boots the program.

Last edited:
Keiron said:
Thanks, I finally got it to work (at least on one ATV) but there's no EPG? It's just a long, ugly list of programmes. How do I get the EPG? Thanks.

You got the wrong one, you want the tvcathup plugin with epg! Same repo, available from the tvcatchup website.

Hi all, I'm hoping somebody can help me as this is driving me insane!
I am using the Aeon Nox Skin and I have the artwork downloader add-on enabled. When I check the folders that contain the actual video files all the artwork is downloaded as it should be. The problem is that within XBMC the downloaded art doesn't show up, the in built scrapers source their own images. Am I being completely stupid or is there a way that I can get XMBC to show the artwork I've downloaded?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom