XBMC Setup & Support thread- Part 3!

@Donnacha, yes, bung an HD DVD in the drive, make sure AnyDVD HD is running, launch Kodi and you can play it via the internal player. You won't get menus and the next chapter buttons will actually select the next .EVO file to play unfortunately, but it works well with HD audio too. You'll find that movies are split across multiple .EVO files so it's possible the first file it plays will be halfway through.

The only reason I use AnyDVD is for playing HD DVDs via the built-in player...

Hi, I still have a lot of HD DVDs and have been trying for a long time to find software that still supports them. Unsuccessfully so far. But you're saying AnyDVD HD has built in software which plays HD DVDs? I have it on my system and although it recognises HDDVD discs when I pop them in the drive, an LG GGW-H20L on YL05 firmware, but nothing happens after that. AnyDVD HD does have software built in called Speed Menu but that only deals with removing all the trailers and ads etc before the main movie.

Can you give me a bit more info on how you're able to play them>

Anyone have any ideas on my SMB Share issue above ?

Still getting Invalid Argument or Error 2 and Folders with no content.

Hi, I still have a lot of HD DVDs and have been trying for a long time to find software that still supports them. Unsuccessfully so far. But you're saying AnyDVD HD has built in software which plays HD DVDs? I have it on my system and although it recognises HDDVD discs when I pop them in the drive, an LG GGW-H20L on YL05 firmware, but nothing happens after that. AnyDVD HD does have software built in called Speed Menu but that only deals with removing all the trailers and ads etc before the main movie.

Can you give me a bit more info on how you're able to play them>

Yeah, no worries. Pop a disc in the drive, wait for AnyDVD HD to recognise and process them - it should say that it's removed the AACS encryption. If it doesn't do this then you probably need to update your software.

If it has then load up Kodi and depending on your skin, you should have a Play Disk menu option or a set of icons showing play and eject. The same ones you use with DVD playback, basically. Click on play and it'll play the first .EVO file on the HD DVD that it thinks is correct, probably FEATURE01.EVO. Make sure you have your HD audio set up correctly and you'll enjoy perfect HD DVD playback with usually Dolby Digital Plus or if you're lucky, True HD.

Yep tried all those options and its just not having it. It see's the laptop and folders but if I click on them it either shows them as empty or gives an error.
Everything else in the house see's the laptop and videos fine, Xbox, Tablets, TV and Mobiles just Kodi does not like the SMB Share.

Have you tried SPMC ?
If not try it, its much more Shield focused, but the best bit (so also will apply if already tried it) is KoyRing is very helpful with the help / advice at Issues · koying/SPMC · GitHub

To be honest I think I am giving up on Kodi for my shares. I will use it for a few Add On's and continue using Plex for my Shares. Have it on pretty much every device and can continue playing something up stairs without any hassle.

Id give SPMC a go, since the update mid April I have never known "XBMC" so stable and without issue

Been using it since the original Xbox days and spent lot of time with OpenElec on Pi and Nuc, but SPMC since April has been great

Its got to be worth the 10 minutes to check and then chuck Koyring a message if fails

...load up Kodi and depending on your skin, you should have a Play Disk menu option or a set of icons showing play and eject. The same ones you use with DVD playback, basically. Click on play and it'll play the first .EVO file on the HD DVD that it thinks is correct, probably FEATURE01.EVO. Make sure you have your HD audio set up correctly and you'll enjoy perfect HD DVD playback with usually Dolby Digital Plus or if you're lucky, True HD.

Oh its Kodi playback you mean. I tried that a few times and movies would play from random parts, sometines with a foreign language track or even no sound at all (which I was able to correct be manually selecting the correct soundtrack), and would stop once it reached the end of the .evo file it played. But I had another look earlier and this time I went into "Videos" menu, right-clicked (or the "info" button on a RC6 MCE remote) on the Disc icon and instead of selecting "Play Disc" I just selected "Play". The movie then started, with the correct soundtrack. It played the movie in 2 parts, with a slight pause in the middle and the 2nd part started with a foreign soundtrack. I changed this to the English soundtrack and the movie played to the end. So just the slightest hiccup.

Thanks for the advice. I was ready for giving up on the format.

Anybody have a working solution for Harmony Ultimate to talk to iMon, in an Antec Fusion Remote Max, then Kodi?

EDIT

I know I'm resurrecting an old one :).

Anybody have a working solution for Harmony Ultimate to talk to iMon, in an Antec Fusion Remote Max, then Kodi?

EDIT

I know I'm resurrecting an old one :).

Cant speak of your Antec Fusion, but my Harmony Ultimate operates my iMon based HTPC fine? Might be you've not set the imon to be looking for a Windows Media remote (or whatever its called - pretty sure Harmony tells you what it should be set to).

Cant speak of your Antec Fusion, but my Harmony Ultimate operates my iMon based HTPC fine? Might be you've not set the imon to be looking for a Windows Media remote (or whatever its called - pretty sure Harmony tells you what it should be set to).

Same as far as I know, whether it's in the Antec or not, have it partially working now, thanks for your input.

Same as far as I know, whether it's in the Antec or not, have it partially working now, thanks for your input.
What is it you're finding not working? Might be a mapping issue that you can setup in iMon settings

What is it you're finding not working? Might be a mapping issue that you can setup in iMon settings

Sorry for not being able to work it out with you, appreciate the interest, but it's doing what I need at the moment, which is pretty much an on and off :), wireless keyboard does the rest, and don't really want to put time toward it :/ at the moment, know it may come back and bite :) if I later decide to try make it do more, such is life. Thanks Grangey.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom