XBLA daily discounts, December 21st to 31st

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
The following deals are available until December 30th.

Super Meat Boy - 800 MS Points (33% off)
Comic Jumper - 800 MS Points (33% off)
Toy Soldiers - 800 MS Points (33% off)
Banjo Tooie - 600 MS Points (50% off)
Castle Crashers - 600 MS Points (50% off)
The UnderGarden - 400 MS Points (50% off)
Risk Factions - 400 MS Points (50% off)
Afterburner Climax - 400 MS Points (50% off)
Borderlands: Claptrap's New Revolution - 400 MS Points (50% off)
Carcassonne - 400 MS Points (50% off)

There's also a deal of the day, where 1 XBLA game/DLC, 1 avatar item and 1 Zune film are reduced. I'll edit this post and add in the deal of the day when I can.

Deal of the day for Thursday 23rd December: -

XBLA games: -

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - 600 MS Points (50% off)

Rock Band keyboard - 120 MS Points (50% off)

Last edited:
I thought that all these would be available for the whole period, plus a surprise daily deal.

I hope so as there's nothing there that interests me.

I think you're right there mate.

There will be surprise daily deals as well. 3 each day (an XBLA game or piece of DLC, a Zune movie, and an avatar item) from the 21st to the 31st inclusive.

OXM have posted some clues as to what some of the deals will be: -

Game Add-ons: -

Are you afraid of the dark?
Fly to the rescue in outer space
Keep your hat on and don't stop shooting
Turn up the volume to get down

Movies: -

Act your age, whatever that is.
Become a hero, that's not so super...
It's lonely, being the last person on Earth.

XBLA: -

Turn out the lights for this delight!
What a way to start the week!
Work with Elvis in this classic!

Nothing there particularly catches my interest. I really regret not purchasing Secret of Monkey Island 2 when it was 400MSP :(.

I think you're right there mate.

There will be surprise daily deals as well. 3 each day (an XBLA game or piece of DLC, a Zune movie, and an avatar item) from the 21st to the 31st inclusive.

OXM have posted some clues as to what some of the deals will be: -

Lets see if we can guess them :D

Are you afraid of the dark? - Alone in the Dark
Fly to the rescue in outer space
Keep your hat on and don't stop shooting
Turn up the volume to get down

Movies: -

Act your age, whatever that is. - Big?
Become a hero, that's not so super... - Hancock
It's lonely, being the last person on Earth. - I Am Legend

XBLA: -

Turn out the lights for this delight! - Monster Mansion
What a way to start the week!
Work with Elvis in this classic!

Hope so, been meaning to try it so will give the demo a go later in preparation of it being on sale!

Lets see if we can guess them :D

Are you afraid of the dark? - Alone in the Dark

Or could that be one of the Alan Wake DLCs? I'm still waiting for The Writer to come on offer.

Or could that be one of the Alan Wake DLCs? I'm still waiting for The Writer to come on offer.

Could be, I really need to get that game!

I'm hoping that 'Turn out the lights for this delight' is Limbo as I'd snap it up!

Could be, I really need to get that game!

I'm hoping that 'Turn out the lights for this delight' is Limbo as I'd snap it up!

I was thinking the same for that clue, could well be Limbo.

As for Alan Wake, most people I speak to seemed to either dislike or hate it, personally I loved it and was a great throwback to how I used to love surival horrors(hugely atmospheric and immersive), one of the games of the year for me and much preferred it to the likes of the hugely popular Dead Space.

Last edited:
As for Alan Wake, most people I speak to seemed to either dislike or hate it, personally I loved it and was a great throwback to how I used to love surival horrors(hugely atmospheric and immersive), one of the games of the year for me and much preferred it to the likes of the hugely popular Dead Space.

I don't know anybody who's played it, but it seems more my game than any of my friends. Will pick it up when I've cleared my game backlog!

Just tried Super Meat Boy and actually found it pretty fun so it could be a possible holiday purchase, although I'm not sure I'd want to play 340 odd levels of it!

I don't know anybody who's played it, but it seems more my game than any of my friends. Will pick it up when I've cleared my game backlog!

Just tried Super Meat Boy and actually found it pretty fun so it could be a possible holiday purchase, although I'm not sure I'd want to play 340 odd levels of it!

Super Meat Boy is brilliant - I (any many others I'm sure!) can highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Comic boy & undergarden for me, have the others. Hope theres some good daily deals

I can also recommend Carcassonne.

I may get Risk Factions.

Super Meat Boy is a must-buy for anyone who missed it first time around.

Carcassonne is pretty good and my wife's favourite XBLA game.

I'm thinking about Comic Jumper but not sure...

I might have to get Super Meat Boy just for the comedy value of watching the wife play it! The language coming out of her mouth...!

These deals are live now, although I expected there to be an entry in the Spotlight showing all the sale items.

Fortunately DJSigma has listed them!

TreasOn on hotukdeals has posted that Red Dead Redemption dlc is all discounted too (could be the reference to 'Keep your hat on and don't stop shooting?):

Liars & Cheats Normal Price:800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Legends & Killers Pack Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Undead Nightmare Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 25%
Undead Nightmare Collection Normal Price: 1600 Discounted Price: 1200 Savings: 25%

I don't have the game anymore, but I'm tempted with the Undead Nightmare collection for 1200 points for when I buy it back - any thoughts?

Edit: Just seen them confirmed on Major Nelson.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's one day deal has the following clue from Major Nelson:

'The character in this game holds two Guinness World Records'

Any ideas? Someone has mentioned Tomb Raider - might be tempted if it's the Tomb Raider arcade game!

Tomorrow's one day deal has the following clue from Major Nelson:

'The character in this game holds two Guinness World Records'

Any ideas? Someone has mentioned Tomb Raider - might be tempted if it's the Tomb Raider arcade game!

It is Lara Croft

"The number of models prompted Guinness World Records to award the character an official record for the "most official real life stand-ins" in 2008."

The other record is for sales I think, could be wrong though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom