XA1 and XE1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by barnsleyben, Sep 13, 2007.

1. barnsleyben

barnsleyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hey :D

Was wondering are the XA1 and the XE1 exactly the same item but different zones, or is there some technical difference? There seems to be a price difference so it made me wonder. I thought they were the same but cant seem to find a definative answer anywhere. Anyone know for sure?

Many thanks

Ben

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The EX1 is the same (ish) as the AX2, the AX1 is an older 1st gen player. The power supplys are different and they using different firmware, but other than that I think they are the same. Oh yes, the AX2 plays R1 DVDs and the EX1 plays R2 DVDs. No regional coding on HD DVDs.

3. UKbondraider

UKbondraider
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You mean the XE1 not the EX1?

If the XE1 is the same as the XA1, and the US have an XA2 then is europe due an XE2 soon?

4. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    The XA2 is the same as the XE1.

5. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The XA1 was the first generation, the XE1 and XA2 (E for Europe, A for America) are both second generation players. The next logical step would have been XE2 and XA3, but instead, Tosh have dropped that and are using EP30 and the EP35. The EP30 replaces the EP10 (in terms of features) but I think the whole second gen line is staying on sale for the time being. Probably with hefty discounts.

The XE1 has not officially been replaced by the EP35 though, although hopefully it will cause the price of the XE1 to fall :D