XA-1 broken :-(

G

gsxr_oil

so my import hd playing gave up on me a while back, hopefully somebody will be able to point me in the right direction to getting it fixed?.

basically i was updating the firmware via the ethernet port, the terms and conditions came up and i selected yes, then nothing happened, it went back to the menu screen and kinda froze up, there was no updating sign or nothing showing so in a rather stupid way i switched it off..........

ever since then i havent got a picture, either from hdmi or the composite output. however it reads and loads discs and seems to play them like normal as it has sound!.

any ideas with what to do with it, i really liked that player as it was a nice bit of kit, depsite the speed.

anywhere i can take it to get fixed?

thanks in advance

TrevorS

so my import hd playing gave up on me a while back, hopefully somebody will be able to point me in the right direction to getting it fixed?.

basically i was updating the firmware via the ethernet port, the terms and conditions came up and i selected yes, then nothing happened, it went back to the menu screen and kinda froze up, there was no updating sign or nothing showing so in a rather stupid way i switched it off..........

ever since then i havent got a picture, either from hdmi or the composite output. however it reads and loads discs and seems to play them like normal as it has sound!.

any ideas with what to do with it, i really liked that player as it was a nice bit of kit, depsite the speed.

anywhere i can take it to get fixed?

thanks in advance

I guess you could check with local Toshiba XE1 dealers and see if they would atack it (should be basically the same thing inside). However, another possibility might be to try downloading an update firmware image file (ISO or NRG), burning a disc, and try performing an update that way. If you can get it to fly, it would likely solve your problems.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Have you tried the V.Output button? I read on teh AVSforums that some folks that updated needed to press this button to get the HDMi to work. Also you said you tried composite - if you did, did you lower the resolution? I'm not sure if the composite can output 1080 or 720 resolution?

Just a thought!

G

gsxr_oil

hmm i tried switching resolutions on the remote and that didnt work.

as for updating via disc, that would probably fix it but when i insert it how will i know what to press as i will have a blank screen!

TrevorS

hmm i tried switching resolutions on the remote and that didnt work.

as for updating via disc, that would probably fix it but when i insert it how will i know what to press as i will have a blank screen!

Well, I'm just hoping your boot loader may still be OK, whereas your playback may be shot. If you can at least summon a setup menu via analog, then that could indicate possibilities. However, if under no circumstances is it able to generate any form of video, then it's probably a repair situation.

It shouldn't take too much to download and burn an ISO. It either works or it doesn't. Just a thought.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom