X950H 75 and Nintendo Switch

hemanursawarrior

Novice Member
I have a 2016 Vizio P65-C1 and after reading about the Sony upscaler, bought a X950H to try out if the Nintendo Switch would look better. I believe the Switch upscales everything to a 1080p signal first and then outputs that.

To be honest, I didn't see much of a difference between the X950H and the old Vizio. Text that was still jaggy in the Switch menus remains jaggy. In game, I also saw little improvement in how edges or sharpness looked.

Should I have expected any appreciable gain from the Sony upscaler for the Nintendo Switch? I didn't know if I should have expected anything magical. Is there any setting for the upscaler that I'm missing (I turned off all the mods sharpness etc)?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I have a 2016 Vizio P65-C1 and after reading about the Sony upscaler, bought a X950H to try out if the Nintendo Switch would look better. I believe the Switch upscales everything to a 1080p signal first and then outputs that.

To be honest, I didn't see much of a difference between the X950H and the old Vizio. Text that was still jaggy in the Switch menus remains jaggy. In game, I also saw little improvement in how edges or sharpness looked.

Should I have expected any appreciable gain from the Sony upscaler for the Nintendo Switch? I didn't know if I should have expected anything magical. Is there any setting for the upscaler that I'm missing (I turned off all the mods sharpness etc)?

Not sure to be honest although the switch looks superb on ours.

Mallett94

Distinguished Member

What have you set Reality Creation to? For sub 4k content I would recommend changing RC to Manual, increasing it to 100, then changing it back to Auto.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom