X950G picture settings

arangast

Novice Member
Hey, I've just picked up a 55" X950G. Generally impressed so far but not very clear on all the various picture settings.

Preset wise cinema and custom seem good for general viewing, and setting Live Colour to low for video gaming gives it a bit of pop but I can't find any decent descriptions of what everything does.

Can any one point me at a thorough guide or share your own settings?

Thanks in advance!

LCDseeker

Hey, I've just picked up a 55" X950G. Generally impressed so far but not very clear on all the various picture settings.

Preset wise cinema and custom seem good for general viewing, and setting Live Colour to low for video gaming gives it a bit of pop but I can't find any decent descriptions of what everything does.

Can any one point me at a thorough guide or share your own settings?

Thanks in advance!
I believe this set is picture wise basically the XF9005. Might be worth having a look on that thread as lots of settings have recently been posted which might help you, at least for a starting point.

arangast

Novice Member
Cheers, I've had a look and think I'm getting a bit of a better idea now.

Looks like the xg950 has different Picture Modes to the xf900 though - there's only one cinema mode for example.

LCDseeker

Cheers, I've had a look and think I'm getting a bit of a better idea now.

Looks like the xg950 has different Picture Modes to the xf900 though - there's only one cinema mode for example.
Yes I've read that and find it strange. Sony seem to be dumbing down their LCD sets year on year. Not sure why maybe trying to push people to OLED. I personally favour custom mode on my XF9005 but each mode is different so best to pick a starting point, find some good quality source material and have a play and find what suits you.

Top Bottom