X95 A1 QN90

freeflyer56

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi all, after a screen break on my 65XH9505, i've narrowed it down to these as a replacement.

Samsung X95J
LG A1
Samsung QN94

Priorities to me are :
Smoothing (love smooth motion)
Bright/clear HDR
Deep blacks/good contrast (although the X950H was good for me, so anything that or above would be fine)

I think this still points me to the X95J? I like the idea of Oled for clarity, but i think the lower HDR brightness and potential juddery motion puts me off.
Usage is mixed and films. zero (or near zero) gaming.
Google TV voice search can now be a bit annoying though, and I use it a LOT for youtube searches, The recent updates over the last couple of years have made it a bit rubbish and incredibly slow compared to what it was. I'm hoping its quicker on the above models.

Last edited:
OLEDs have stutter, but no blur whereas LCDs have blur but less stutter. The A1 OLED being 60hz actually has less stutter, but because its 60hz only, more blur.
LCDs can also stutter if their response times are fast.

So, it's a matter of choosing your poison. You can still use motion interpolation to smooth out stutter on OLEDs if you like using that.

I'd say look the OLED models that get brighter such as the Sony A80J and LG C1. Maybe even Panasonic JZ1500 to get brighter again.

Thanks. :)
So, basically i'm now looking at 65QN95A . This is a home insurance replacement and they are ordering on my behalf direct from Currys, and the Sony 95J isnt available. The QN95 seems a good choice i think.. would that be a correct assumption? I'm aware of some potential HDMI audio issues but i dont really use it for games or sky box etc. I will however probably run my AV receiver from it via the ARC.

Thanks. :)
So, basically i'm now looking at 65QN95A . This is a home insurance replacement and they are ordering on my behalf direct from Currys, and the Sony 95J isnt available. The QN95 seems a good choice i think.. would that be a correct assumption? I'm aware of some potential HDMI audio issues but i dont really use it for games or sky box etc. I will however probably run my AV receiver from it via the ARC.
It's a recommended enthusiast TV in my guide here:

Every TV has some reported HDMI issues.

Thanks for your reply :) It's come down to either the 65QN95A or the Sony 75X95J . The 75 is more suited to the room size but i think the 65QN95A is the better of the two at the sacrifice of a smaller screen.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom