X91J blurry picture

zomp

Novice Member
Since September I’ve had the Sony X91J and it’s been great. It is hooked up to a Samsung sound bar and I use the Apple 4K TV.

The picture has been outstanding up until a few weeks ago when I downloaded an update to the TV. As far as I can tell, all of my picture settings are the same as theyve always been, yet the picture is blurry. Videos that are in regular high definition on YouTube are blurry to the point where when someone is talking you can see their mouths pixelating.

In 4K videos, the picture is still blurry. I usually use a clip from Gemini Man to show off the TV picture, but look at the finger wrapped around the compass on the paused image. You can see the blur.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this under but any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 5B996B58-8D24-4421-A8DE-A39D9B11516C.jpeg
    5B996B58-8D24-4421-A8DE-A39D9B11516C.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 27

Morden

Distinguished Member
Since September I’ve had the Sony X91J and it’s been great. It is hooked up to a Samsung sound bar and I use the Apple 4K TV.

The picture has been outstanding up until a few weeks ago when I downloaded an update to the TV. As far as I can tell, all of my picture settings are the same as theyve always been, yet the picture is blurry. Videos that are in regular high definition on YouTube are blurry to the point where when someone is talking you can see their mouths pixelating.

In 4K videos, the picture is still blurry. I usually use a clip from Gemini Man to show off the TV picture, but look at the finger wrapped around the compass on the paused image. You can see the blur.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this under but any help would be appreciated.
What is the picture like, with streaming, disk or live tv?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom