X900h turns off after update

batato

Almost daily the tv freezes up makes an annoying sounds then reboots itself.

Anyone else hving this issue (happens shortly after turning the tv on after it has been off for hours)

If so...any fix for this?

avanzato

Thank you...guess ill hv to do this
I've been having a similar problem but also reboots in the settings menu and apps. Eventually did a Factory reset that unfortunately made no difference. Did it work for you?

batato

I've been having a similar problem but also reboots in the settings menu and apps. Eventually did a Factory reset that unfortunately made no difference. Did it work for you?
Didnt do it for me. QUESTION: does it make an odd sounds before shutting off?

avanzato

Didnt do it for me. QUESTION: does it make an odd sounds before shutting off?
The sound stutters then it reboots, there's also a clicking noise as the TV starts up. Otherwise I haven't noticed a sound that indicates it's about to go again. What do you hear and I'll listen for it next time?

batato

The sound stutters then it reboots, there's also a clicking noise as the TV starts up. Otherwise I haven't noticed a sound that indicates it's about to go again. What do you hear and I'll listen for it next time?
For me the tv freezes makes an annoying humming sound then it reboots itself and works fine. Seems to happen daily

avanzato

For me the tv freezes makes an annoying humming sound then it reboots itself and works fine. Seems to happen daily
Just had a reboot and didn't get any odd noises, though I was on an external input at the time.

Vendee33

Novice Member
I had the same issue with my new XH92 following the recent software update. I contacted Sony support and after quite a few unsuccessful attempts, they finally managed to recommend a fix. I don't know if the settings are the same on your X900h but I had to change these settings:-

Network+Internet> Home network setup> IP control> Set "Simple IP" to ON

Restart the TV then back into settings:-

Watching TV> External Inputs> Advanced settings> Set RS232C control to OFF.

Worked for me although I'm still having audio passthrough issues following the software update.

avanzato

Network+Internet> Home network setup> IP control> Set "Simple IP" to ON

Restart the TV then back into settings:-
I had tried turning on Simple IP before but without doing the immediate reset.
Tried it this way and my TV hasn't rebooted since, I even managed to watch a whole movie on Netflix with no problems.
Could it be sorted? I hope so.
Thanks

Vendee33

Novice Member
Glad it worked for you. Mine has now gone 5 days without rebooting where previously it would reboot 3 times every day.

avanzato

Almost made it 2 weeks without a reboot but it did one this weekend. Still better than doing it every day.

Bluearmy001

Novice Member
I've had the exact same problems with the humm, freeze and reset. Also some days it won't turn on without a power off at the wall socket.
My TV has just had a a notification for a software update so hoping that fixes it! Here's hoping!

batato

My tv didnt do this for past couple of weeks...now its doing it again...before updating firmware yesterday

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom