X570 Aorus Ultra Ryzen 3600 PC Build - No Boot, please help

It is 100% MOBO fan making all the noise. Took it out case to rebuild. Will do new thernal paste too...

The fan is bottom left, under the silver shroud. Took everything out apart from CPU. Still noisey.

20190929_182007.jpg

Sadly it might just be the case that the fan is just noisy or it is one that has not been put together well. This stuff happens. If it becomes a real problem then raise it with Gigabyte.

Just go easy with the CPU re paste, the size of two rice grains or a pea is recommended amount, depending on who you speak to. I've never lost a CPU in the thousands I've done so far.

As I imagined

X570 Aorus Ultra

Smart Fan
  1. Provides 3 different operating modes to minimize noise and extend the fan’s longevity. Silent, Balanced and Performance modes, choose the mode that suits you the best in any situation.

As I imagined

I hope it is that. How do I change that?

I did new paste (I use kryonaut) and pasted it even this time. Before I did a line down center.

Same warning lights then off once booted up.

The MOBO fan is still VERY loud on boot like a bloody jet engine. But now it settles whisper quiet after boot sequence.

Surely this is not normal? It is really annoying and loud. Gonna put everything back in case now. Tired.

Kind thanks all, hey @Topmetom 2, I wish i had now!! Ironic my first 12 year old build was super easy and no real issues.

Using a monitoring software earlier the chipset was 57 degrees C hot, is that not too hot? Will check again soon. Hope my MOBO is not faulty/ abnormal fan as would hate to have to send/ wait for new one and rebuild for the umpteenth time.

OK, reading a forum just now apprently people circumvented the noisy fan by updating BIOS to a particular version that allows custom fan control/ and or that setting you poated above, @techquest. Do you know which BIOS or how I can choose silent mode?

Kind thanks

: / All back inside case now, MOBO fan still loud and constant.

I CRACKED it: Updated BIOS to latest, F6b. Whisper quiet now with side panels finally back on. It seems a lot of others complained about this and Gigabyte responded (link in top of message):

Only remaining issues I still currently have are are:

1. The fans/ MOBO fan revs up load again for a few seconds upon restart or booth before settling down to near silent. I hope I can tweak this as that is quite startling and distracting.

2. One or more fan(s) (possibly the MOBO) inside, though very quiet, is of a certain frequency that jars me a lot : / I am extremely sensitise to sound(s) and have very good hearing so I ideally need to quell this, if possible.

3. Finally, I am bummed about is the coil whine from my Corsair RM750X (only when powered off, at least. But this should be the easiest thing to rectify. The RMXXX is regarded as a top PSU and certainly dead quiet, which is one of the main reasons I chose it over the EVGA Gold, which seems to be it's main competitor. Either they are all like this or I got unlucky. Will research and see what is what - I can always return it and try another unit/ different model.

So from dead in the sand and feeling utterly dejected, worn - I even had bloody nightmares last night - and depressed, to happy and proud. @Topmetom 2, in this case, after all that time and energy, I would have liked if this was built for me; but I would have have to trade time for money (more cost to have built), and loose the valuable experience as well as feeling of triumph gained. Nothing like doing it yourself.

Time for a drink and back to madVR, the main reason I did this for.

Man... it does feel nice having built a proper PC again, I also did a top job with my cable management inside, it looks superb, and boy, that RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio looks gorgeous - I am not into LEDs and all that jazz normally, but I see the appeal here and I think I will stick to purchasing a windowed side panel to try out/ swap on the fly.

@Topmetom 2, thanks for dropping by here today, always welcomed and grateful, man - I highly recommend a similar build (or lower spec, I went medium-high/ high spec because of the great deal on the 2080 I got and to have some fun with 4K gaming, plus I know I can push madVR as much as I want now) to get you onto madVR bliss.

@techquest, nice to meet a new acquaintance on here, man. Thank you again so much.

Sorry @fallinlight I had to take time out to do some other stuff.

Yes it seems the fa issue was sorted by BIOS fix F6b so hopefully you will be okay on that front now.

Not sure on the coil whine from my Corsair RM750X as I've never seen one to compare.

You did the right thing by building your own rig as you have control over everything that goes into it as opposed to something built by someone else who charge you a lot to build it and then it might not be what you really wanted. So good on you for doing that.

Let us know how it is going and keep your eye on things. If anything is going to fail then it usually is in the early days.

PICKME10 - 10% off

Nice. But you are paying up to £250 more for that PC than building it yourself with brand new parts. Or, make that £300 ish if you want to go second hand/ second hand + new parts.

UPDATE: Put her to sleep, went out for booze and pizza. Came back and switched her on- no annoying frequency from PC! It was in fact, be my projector! After, long strenuous arduous tasks and days, sometimes certain things stand out and you assume wrongly. Will keep monitoring PC though, but at the moment, cool, whisper air flow and very light HDD whirr.

HWMonitor shows 38 - 39 C max CPU temp after around 30 minutes use, from sleep, with regular desktop and internet use. Thought I was getting 35 C earlier before I re-did the Kroyonaut, if I read correctly. My first application was probably better, ironically, as it is advised to spread Kroyonaut.

After my hurdles, I am not opening her back up right now!

So, happy days :).

Can't wait till I next upgrade parts/ do a no build.

On the control of fans I assume you have downloaded this utility from the site. Just in case

X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

System Information Viewer / Smart Fan 5 (AMD AM4 series)
(Note) Support AMD AM4 series motherboards (support may vary by model).
(Note) Please install APP Center first before install this utility.

The APP center is on the same link

Not sure on the coil whine from my Corsair RM750X as I've never seen one to compare.

Ah you have the same.. similar build? Would you kindly have a listen at a close distance and then up close, please? PC not powered on. Would help me a lot, know if normal with these PSU's or not (not googled it yet).

You did the right thing by building your own rig as you have control over everything that goes into it as opposed to something built by someone else who charge you a lot to build it and then it might not be what you really wanted. So good on you for doing that.

Absolutely, man. Totally agree. I feel such pride and satisfaction, that is priceless. I built a PC! My third one, and my second full size one! (previous one was a NUC inside fanless case) : ) Especially with my OCD, knowing what I did is a plus, plus learning so much along the way. It is very easy when you think back on the process, but it can be difficult troubleshooting. But man, the reward... I think it is the fine details and pre-cautions that you need to pay attention too, patience helps. too. I love the process. Good skill to have. My favourite part was/ is clicking the GPU into place - although, my Aorus X570 Ultra's PCI-E latch kept coming loose when I took the GPU out and sometimes would not give that satisfying 'click!' when I inserted it back in. Should the latch come out? IT was very easy to put back in, a tad looser than the others I feel. Possibly a dodgy one.

Currently, GPU is 36 C min and 37 C max with regular desktop and internet use. I am sure that is good and normal.

If anything is going to fail then it usually is in the early days.

I doubt it will! Plus, good PSU to power everything. You never know, of course. But I am going to keep positive.

Warm wishes

On the control of fans I assume you have downloaded this utility from the site. Just in case

X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

The APP center is on the same link

I have it, yes! Kind thanks, @techquest. It is whisper quiet anyway, and sounds same in silent and standard mode, so left it on standard. I still have things to do like set RAM in BIOS - I believe for AMD chips/ Gigabyte MOBOs I should set it to a specific setting? I remember reading something.. hmm... I am using slots 2 and 4.

Wonder if I can stop the fans revving up on cold boot and wake?

Also, tom, bare in mind the PSU on that PC is cheap. Not a good sign I think. It may very well be OK, though. But I understand that with good parts, you want a good PSU. And I would trust a better PSU will be worthwhile and safer regardless of spec. So, if you go for it or similar, you might want to upgrade that one part. Hit me up in PM soon, man.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom