X570 Aorus Ultra Ryzen 3600 PC Build - No Boot, please help

fallinlight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X570 Aorus Ultra Ryzen 3600 PC Build - No Boot, please help

Have been trying for one whole day now and this morning. New PC build, my second ever.

PC is not booting at all. No noise, beeps etc. No LEDs light up on MOBO (not sure if there should be any on first boot, I think so, manual says there are some to indicate CPU, RAM etc are working correctly). No fans spin. I have checked everything over multiple times and un-connected and re-connected everything many times, too. Only things not tried that I can think of are using a multi meter as someone suggested, to check if I am getting the correct voltage(s) from my PSU. And not tried re-seating CPU either. I tried swapping the 13A fuse inside the plug with one that definately works and I tried swapping the plug itself.

Using the 8 pin CPU power connector, as I understand from reading other forums that the 4 in one is not needed/ is optional for extreme cases of overclocking. I do not have a 4 pin lead, anyway.

Taken everything out of case to test in the open. I have some normal sounding PSU fizz when the 10 pin connector part (left one of the larger other connector) from the 24 pin power lead is connected to the PSU. When I remove this the fizz disappears, not sure if that means anything. Had a peep as best as I could at case front panel connectors (not tried disassembling case to look properly, though) and things look connected solidly/ properly.

Also tried different RAM configs: Slots 2 and 4, slot 2 alone, slot 4 alone. Do not remember trying switching them around, though.

Last I tried, I did so with everything connected, apart from the optical drive, HDD, and the rear Fractal R6 case fan as it is a bit of a stretch from the case externally. I assume I do not need any fans connected though, to get the PC booted up. Also tried removing and putting back my M.2 SSD, which is in the lowest slot at the bottom of the MOBO.

Is there anything else I can try before I return the parts? Appreciate anyone who can help, thank you kindly.

Parts:

Fractal Define R6 Blackout Mid Tower PC Gaming Case with USB-C
Gigabyte AMD Ryzen X570 AORUS PRO AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Gen3 6 Core AM4 CPU/Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
BE QUIET Dark Rock Pro 4 135 mm Silent Wings Fan CPU Cooler – Black
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GAMING X Turing Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit
Corsair 750 Watt RM750x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply/PSU
LG BH16NS55 Bluray Drive crossflashed with faster UHD Friendly Asus BW16D1HT FW
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB

20190929_100543.jpg
20190929_111909.jpg

20190929_100348.jpg
20190929_100406.jpg
20190929_100521.jpg
20190929_100557.jpg
20190929_100601.jpg

20190929_100521.jpg

20190929_100418.jpg

20190929_100705.jpg

@Sloppy Bob

Last edited:
Does the M.2 need to be inside for it to power on at all? I have currently put my M.2 back into my NUC to use my NUC as my phone is just too slow and crap for things like this.

OK managed to get power! Re-seated CPU and cooler seemed to fix the issue.

But VGA LED in on, meaning a GPU issue. Nothing displayed on screen via HDMI. This was without my 2080 connected. I thought the X570 Ultra has unboard graphics?

Will connect 2080 again and boot up. If all good will move back inside case.

I'm not really the best person to ask as my PC build is my first. I've never even owned a PC before, always having laptops.

Possibly remove your GPU and work from a process of elimination. I'd definitely check the CPU is seated properly and the RAM configuration is correct.

EDIT - You've got it working. Excellent.

RE: Graphics, the new Ryzen processors have no onboard graphics. Motherboards don't have onboard graphics AFAIK (stand to be corrected on this) but have support for it if the CPU has it, which it doesn't.

incorrect post

That is referring to the 12V whichnis the 8 pin. The 4 pin is the 12V1. According to numerous posts online, the 4 pin is only needed for rare cases of overclocking.

That is referring to the 12V whichnis the 8 pin. The 4 pin is the 12V1. According to numerous posts online, the 4 pin is only needed for rare cases of overclocking.

That's why I deleted it as I read the manual and then realised it was referring to the fact the 8 pin (12V) connector must be plugged in. The 12V-1 connector being required for additional power.

Are you sure the PSU is working okay.

You can do a jump start of the PSU to see if it is functioning basically by following the link below, assuming you don't have a dedicated tester. What this is doing is functioning as the start button on the your system case. Either have some fans plugged in or make sure you don't let it run for to long a time. As soon as you here the fan, running on the PSU, assuming it's not fan-less, then turn it of at the wall or switch on PSU.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf

Another suggestion is to make sure the pins are firmly clicked into the header plug as they sometimes aren't and any bad connection/disconnection here, especially on the switch, would cause the system not to start.

Last edited:
Did you try clearing CMOS?

Jumper 19)

CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper) Use this jumper to clear the BIOS configuration and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds. • Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS values. • After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS configurations).

Also make sure CMOS battery is clipped in correctly

Last edited:
Cheers, @techquest, I really appreciate your help. I booted up!

Was a case of re-seating CPU as per my above post.

RE: Graphics, the new Ryzen processors have no onboard graphics. Motherboards don't have onboard graphics AFAIK (stand to be corrected on this) but have support for it if the CPU has it, which it doesn't.

Yes, hence why I was getting the VGA (GPU) LED warning light. I was still getting it on first few boots. Installed a new Windows 10, has not shown since - relieved.

However, some issues persist:

1. Optical drive has power but not reading discs and not showing in Devices/ My PC.
2. Seagate barracuda 4 TB HDD not showing in Devices/ My PC.

I connected the above two using the same SATA link leads (I assumed I would not need to use two separate leads as I remember doing this with my last PC. I then plugged two separate power leads into each and connected them into the SATA ports on my MOBO. Unless, I need to use two specific SATA ports... Ah HA! I think and hope I have cracked it:

"The availability og the SATA connectors may be affected by the type of device installed in the M.2 sockets. The M2C_SOCKET connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4/ 5 connector".

And I have both drives connected to 4/ 5..

I thought it would be OK, as the table in the manual says that for M.2 SATA SSDs, 3/ 4 will be fine (table has them as ticked). For M.2 PCIe SSDs 4/ 5 is shown with "X". So, I guess my M.2 is the latter type? I will take them out and try in the two ports above it!

3. RTX 2080 fans always spinning quite fast and loud - will this settle once I install the drivers? It is worrying me and of course, annoying. No warning light so I hope it is OK. Also , upon restart and cold boot, the fans rev up even louder for a few seconds then settle back down to a constant and quite loud level they are at now.

Is the 4TB formatted/allocated ?

type Create and

into search and select

Select

Create and format hard disk partitions

Look for the 4TB and if it is unallocated then create a partition

Yes! It worked! HDD and Optical Drive working! So happy. Just loud GPU still and on booting the RAM and VGA/ GPU LEDs are red before Windows appears - worried about that. Could it just be missing drivers? The LEDs do not show otherwise on any other occasion so far as I can see.

Did you try clearing CMOS?

Also make sure CMOS battery is clipped in correctly

I actually took it out and put back in a few times before I had no power/ boot. Kind thanks, quest.

Good to know you got there on the CPU, it can happen to the best of tech's

Last edited:
It feels so good to triumph after yesterday's failure. I was drained and almost was going to give up. But I switched my mind-set in the late morning to positivity believing I can do it and that it was not due to damaged part(s).

Installing drivers for MOBO and then will do GPU.. hope GPU fans calm down...

Yes! It worked! HDD and Optical Drive working! So happy. Just loud GPU still and on booting the RAM and VGA/ GPU LEDs are red before Windows appears - worried about that. Could it just be missing drivers? The LEDs do not show otherwise on any other occasion so far as I can see.

You will probably need to get on the net and update for any drivers that have not been installed on the new build.

The fans could be down to drivers and it could also be that you can control the fan speeds and hence noise. But need to take a look. I wouldn't worry about it for now as if there was some problem then you would know about it by now and the PC would probably shut down.

Just make sure you have it all updated, especially the drivers, and the let it settle and review it tomorrow or the next day.

It feels so good to triumph after yesterday's failure. I was drained and almost was going to give up. But I switched my mind-set in the late morning to positivity believing I can do it and that it was not due to damaged part(s).

Installing drivers for MOBO and then will do GPU.. hope GPU fans calm down...

Yes m8 there's always trepidation when things don't go quite right. Then jubilation, rightly so, when you've sorted it.

Your doing the right thing and going in the right direction now.

Installed all drivers and utilities now for MOBO and Nvidia. But GPU fans still constant and loud. Plus RAM the VGA warning lights on boot, then disappears. Not updated BIOS - should I? There are various ones, should I simply update to the latest? I do not want to make anything worse.

I just looked - it is actually the cooler fans I think making all that noise!..

GPU fans are not moving at all.

Maybe I need to re do CPU and thermal paste? Temps were around 35 degrees Celsius when I first booted into the BIOS...

In fact, it does not appear to be any fans making the noise.. MOBO? Did not know MOBO has fans? Unlugged all fans apart from rear fan, which seemed normal and quiet.

Installed all drivers and utilities now for MOBO and Nvidia. But GPU fans still constant and loud. Plus RAM the VGA warning lights on boot, then disappears. Not updated BIOS - should I? There are various ones, should I simply update to the latest? I do not want to make anything worse.

warning lights on boot and then going out are probably normal.

Don't do a BIOS update at this time, you would be better letting the machine settle. Some BIOS updates can cause problems and it also has to be done exaclty.

I will took a look at the BIOS updates available and see what they are supposed to be doing.

I just looked - it is actually the cooler fans I think making all that noise!..

GPU fans are not moving at all.

Maybe I need to re do CPU and thermal paste? Temps were around 35 degrees Celsius when I first booted into the BIOS...

Some GPU fans will not move until you put them under the pressure required to switch them on. I will take a look at what the gpu is supposed to be doing.

On the cpu front some users tend to put way to much paste on the heatsink. What paste have you used, and it is best spread with an old credit card type application to spread it evenly. But at 35 degrees I don't think you have an issue. Also in BIOS you would be able to dictate at what temp the CPU will shutdown.

But I will check on the spec of the CPU and any recommendations for you.

Last edited:
In fact, it does not appear to be any fans making the noise.. MOBO? Did not know MOBO has fans? Unlugged all fans apart from rear fan, which seemed normal and quiet.

Will take a good look at the MB and see what fans are supposed to be doing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom