X360 optical out - 5.1 into X-Fi Panel

I am pulling my hair out trying to get this sorted...

I've got a Premium 360 with HDMI out, into a DVI switch, and into my TV - that bit's fine

I've got the Elite Audio dongle (the one with White & Red phono outputs, and the Optical output) which has an optical cable running to the front panel on my X-Fi Fatality sound card.

NOW - when I select Digital Output -> Digital Stereo from the dashboard, I get 2 speakers (front ones) with stereo sound and the X-Fi monitor on my PC shows sounds from FL and FR (which is correct)

If I select Digital Output -> Dolby Digital 5.1 from the dashboard, I get silence! No sound whatsoever. No inputs on the monitor for the X-Fi.

Am I missing something here? Something staring me in the face that I'm not getting? :eek:

Help meeeeeeee!

no-one? :suicide:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
all settings on the sound card are correct?
if thats done,then i suppose the optical could be out only,and not an input,as you are trying to use it as.

DragonOfSilver

Is the x-fi supposed to be able to accept a dolby input? I was vaguely under impression it could only deal with regular spdif in stereo?

Is the x-fi supposed to be able to accept a dolby input? I was vaguely under impression it could only deal with regular spdif in stereo?
That was my first concern

I did however have the same setup with my PS3 last year, so I can't remember if that sends Dolby over 5.1 or something else, but that worked fine.