1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X360 and BenQ PB6210 projector HD connectivity?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Monty Burns, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Hi Guys

anyone any idea how the X360 will connect to a BenQ PB6210 projector? I'm assuming that I will need the advanced cable like the one that you can buy for a normal xbox (for the Optical out), but what else will i need? Is this the cable thats included in the more expensive of the two bundles?

Here are the stats on the projector which is HiDef ready.

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this!

edit: If you click on the link above, then select 6240, there is a picture of the inputs into the projector. Here are the "Input sources"

Analog RGB: D-sub 15 pin x 1 Component Video: D-sub 15 pin x 1 S-Video: Mini DIN 4 pin x 1 Composite-Video: RCA x 1 PC Audio: Stereo mini jack x 1 Video L/R audio: Stereo mini jack x 1

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    if your getting the core pack (cheaper) you will need to buy the Component cable seperatly. if your getting the Premium pack the cable is included. now connect component to your projector and use a optical cable from the little break out box on this component cable to your amplier. basically the same way you 'should' have connected your modded xbox, simple :) then enjoy 720p gaming.

3. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Thanks for the response!

Er ... well I kinda do do this at the moment. I have the advanced cable at the moment but its only Video out is a scart socket. I feed this into a scart sharer box (cheap thing from Maplins) and then the component cable out to the projector. This works fine although I didn't think an Xbox supported high def?

Is this roughly the same method? Will I have to turn on this feature on the 360? And what will happen if I leave this on and flick my switcher box to a normal CRT tv?

I appreciate that some of this may be guess work as most Jo Public don't have access to a 360.

Btw: Yeah I have the surround sound working sweet cheers.

Thanks for your help!

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    by the sound of it looks like your outputting RGB from the console and converting it to component. this is ok but not the best method of doing things. official MS High def pack is what most of us use. as you have a modded xbox you can turn it to NTSC output and use 480p, 720p and 1080i. they took this out of PAL. most games support 480p and its the best pic output you can get in SD terms. some games output 720p like soul calibre 2, fifa street and some output 1080i like enter the matrix. you must be connected to the projector by component cable out of the xbox and not RGB conversions. i see why you do this for use on the Tele as well but your not getting the best out of your xbox and certainly not doiing the projector any justice. hope it helps so a summary of what you should do come Xbox 360

Component cable > projector
    Tosh Link > Amp

sorted :)

5. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Thats tip top! Thanks for the info, its all becoming clear!

The current xbox's to be honest are really just used as media centres to stream stuff to in rooms in the flat, hardly used for games apart from maybe the latest Ghost Recon.

The 360 will stay unmodded as at the moment I can't see any reason too mod it! I get my any region dvd handled by the two normal ones and 360 already has streaming built in ... which is nice ;-)

I will be going for the expensive pack so hopefully I should be high-def straight to the projector from the outset.

Again, many thanks for clearing this up for me!!!

edit: If i turn my normal xboxs to ntsc, do i need to select high-def or will the games do that themselves?