x3030d problem detecting pc over hdmi when tv turned off/on?

M

moominuk

Ive just plugged up a pc using a dvi to hdmi cable and although the picture is very good, sometimes if I change the tv input, then turn it off, the next day the tv can not detect the pc input anymore. I have to turn the pc off and on again most of the time, or sometimes just unplug the hdmi cable from te back of the pc and plug in back in to get an image.

PC is running Vista ultimate for the media center and energy savings are set to never turn anything off.

Anybody know how to fix this, and is it a prob with the PC or the TV?

T

Tommy Angelo

I have my PC connected to my projector via HDMI and the projector must be on and waiting for an HDMI signal when I turn the PC on.

It's the same with Sky HD. If the projector isn't waiting for the signal when I turn the HD box on I wont have a picture until I reboot the box.

M

moominuk

i guess that would be ok if only turning on the pc every so often. but being a media center pc, i want to leave it on all the time recording tv and stuff.
there must be a way of turning on the tv and getting a picture, or the pc is a waste of time.
I cant see my gf wanting to reboot a pc everytime she wants to watch a recording!

T

Tommy Angelo

I'm not sure I understand. Once my PC has been booted to windows with the projector receiving the image I can do what I want with the projector, such as switching to Sky HD and I can switch back whenever I want and still get an image from the PC. The Sky HD box works the same.

Are you saying that if you have a picture from the PC then switch to something else then back you don't get an image from the PC again?

M

moominuk

kind of.
I can have an image from the pc, turn the tv off. the next day i turn the tv on and have no image until restarting th pc with the tv on.
i want to keep the pc on all the time.

i have a friend with a mac plugged up to a tosh lcd and he has the same.

T

Tommy Angelo

If you haven't already, make sure all the power saving options are set to "always on" or "never", most importantly "Turn off display after".

M

moominuk

yeah, energy saving options are set to never turn anything off.

RockySpieler

I get similar issues with XP. The TV must be on and set to the HDMI input before turning on the PC. If I forget, then I use the sleep button on my keyboard, when the PC wakes the connection is "found".

With MCE I remember reading that it "lost" its connnection with the X3030D, especially when in hiberant mode with scheduled recording over night.

Another method, less practical, is to physically switch the DVI cable on my graphics card from output head 1 to output head 2.

A third option is to report the issue to Toshiba and threaten to return the TV...........unfortunately I doubt they would even register the "fault" on their Customer Service system.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom