1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X2VGA with PAL Xbox?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dan_wade, Jan 18, 2004.

1. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just got my first projector, an AE500. Very impressed with DVD playback through my component connection. I was wondering, what would be the best connection for my xBOX? From what i can gather, the X2VGA High Definition VGA Pack seems to be the best solution from what ive heard from peeps on here. ALthough my XBOX is modded, it was one of the first chips, so dont know if i can set my machine to NTSC mode so i can run higher res progressive scan games through it.

Say my machine could only play normal res games, is the X2VGA still the best connection to go with?

I have all three consoles, was gonna go (in order of quality/importance). XBOX with VGA, PS2 with s-video, and the gamecube, which i dont play all that much with just scart. This way i wont have to mess around with switching things over, as i will be able to have all three connected at once.

Any ideas? Anyone got one of these X2VGA units working with their pal consoles?

Cheers,
    Dan

2. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Dan it doesnt matter what chip you have youll need a video mode changer disk and the xbox will boot it up like a game .Then a screen comes up and tells you your xbox is pal , then i think you press the xbutton on your pad to change it to ntsc and thats it .

Then all you have to do is buy an xbox hi def kit i got mine here
    http://www.newageconsoles.com/prod_view1.asp?ProdID=xhdtvav
    and then stick the cable in the xbox and youll get some extra options in the video menu .

Select all the three options in the menu and then your in business

it works a treat on my modded box :)

hope that helps

al :)

3. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it that the files on this video mode changer disk are really small? Can someone tell me where i can download the disk contents from?

Cheer.

4. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have it zipped on me hard drive 1.17meg if you want give us your email addy and ill send it but i use hotmail sometimes it has problems with files over a meg ..

lmk

al

5. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry dan its too big to go :(

toss hotmail

7. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can u upload it anywhere?

8. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    set yourself up a server dan then ill use flash fxp to tf it over

pm me your ip when your set and ill whizz it over :)

al :)