X2VGA+ Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by bluenotesmiley, Aug 15, 2004.

1. bluenotesmiley

bluenotesmiley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just recieved my x2vga but do not currently have an NTSC machine. I'm fully aware that it states it cannot be used properly on a PAL machine but I have tried it and cannot get any picture to my monitor. Can u get a 480i image with a PAL machine to display using the X2VGA+ or do u need an NTSC machine to even use this function as I would like to know if the product is faulty or not before I get get my NTSC machine.
    Many thanks

2. msrx7mh3

msrx7mh3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You need to use it via a chipped xbox; that way you can switch between PAL/ NTSC via enigmah video mode program.

Refer to the various xbox forums available (via a quick search on google).

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Google will throw up thousands... look no further than here :)

K.

4. god4aday

god4aday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking to invest in a X2VGA+ but was unsure if it would work on my PAL modded Xbox. I sent an email to the retailer asking if it would work over here in the UK for me. From their response below it seems that it 'probably' does work with a modded PAL Xbox but they don't want to be seen as supporting Xbox modding. I will probably go ahead and get one. When i do i will post a reply here to say a definate yes/no! This is their response:

Actually, as long your Xbox can output NTSC signals, we suppose that you shall be able to have the X2VGA work without error.

Microsoft disables the high-definition video output on the PAL version
    Xbox(sold in Europe, Australia, NZ, Hong Kong, Singapore etc.), so it cannot
    work normally with the X2VGA(Please take note of this in advance. We will not accept exchange or refund for this cause). The fact is extensively verified by many customers from those PAL countries so you will find that the High Definition AV Pack manufactured by Microsoft is not sold in Europe and
    Australia.

The X2VGA is designed mainly for use with NTSC verion to render high res.
    images(480p, 720p, 1080i), but we have also received quite a few orders from customers with PAL version, and they seem to be able to solve this problem themselves and have their PAL Xbox working fine with the X2VGA. Moreover, as far as we know, most gaming softwares in PAL version have no problem with the X2VGA working together with those modified Xboxes. Therefore, as long your Xbox can output NTSC signals, we suppose that you shall be able to have the X2VGA work without error.

If you are in need of more informations, we suggest that you can key in
    keywords like"PAL Xbox Selector enigma" "xbox video selector ntsc"or" pal xbox 480p" in http://groups.google.com.. We are sorry that it is beyond our
    supports. The answer should not be too difficult to find.