1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X2VGA+ & ae700 PROBLEM.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by thfccambs, Nov 21, 2004.

1. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Took delivery of my X2VGA+,have conected it to VGA port on back of ae700.Turned to PC and im just getting a blue screen.
    I have VGA lead in VGA OUT on the X2VGA going in to back of ae700?(have tried swiching around and still same)
    X-BOX is a modded executer 3 i have it set on NTSC and 480 unticked with 780 and 1080 ticked already. :lease:

2. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Anybody?

3. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hunts1uk, first I would tick 480p on the dashboard. This is quite essential it will enable you to see the EVOX dash (or whatever you have installed)

On top of this there is absolutely no reason to NOT have 480p ticked, if you have 720p/1080i ticked aswell it will default to these resolutions automatically if the game supports it (not many do though)

4. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    The reason i had 480 unticked is because when using the x-box on my plasma with component(hi-def) it wouldn't play some games of the hard drive in NTSC.
    So if i tick 480 and conect the x-bo to the ae700 now i show get a picture?
    Thanks for your help will give it a go.

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    berserkgoose
    Thats done the job,the only problem now is i don't have a stable picture.Any ideas?

6. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    No probs mate i'll help as much as I can. I have an X2vga rigged up with AE500 PJ so it's more or less the same set up.

The only time you won't get any kind of picture on the PJ is when you're trying to run certain PAL games in NTSC, the vast majority are fine but ones I've come across which won't are certain PAL EA games, Tiger Woods 2004 and the Lord of the Rings games. Also as far as i am aware PAL Sega games will run but NOT in prog scan.

Any games that do not run in prog scan, you will get an image but it will be all messed up, this also applies to the MS dash unless it is updated for 480p. What game/app are you trying to run?

7. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    As soon as i turn it on the x-box the picture is really jaggered.When i turned it on first time it was perfect.Can't understand why its gone like this.You can just about read the menus.You can see lines going a cross the screen.
    Also i have it set on wide screen and the whole picture dosen't fit on the screen.

e.g when playing a racing game you can have the time on one side and the speedo on the other and only be able to see one of the two.Hope this makes sense?

8. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    If the X2vga recieves an interlaced image (ie non progressive/hi-def), it will still display the image but it looks really bad. This is a feature of the x2vga designed so you can still navigate the interlaced microsoft dashboard and change settings etc (like you can say you can just about read the menus). Games are totally unplayable in this mode.

I'm guessing that the game you are playing will not run in progressive/hi-def? Can you give me a few examples of games you have tried where the screen is messed up?

9. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Halo 2
    project gothan racings
    star wars battle front
    All unsteady picture.It's like it need tuning in.When i turned on the x-box on for the 1st time the picture on the main screen was perfect.Turned off then back on a bit later and now the picture is really unstable.
    Starting to think its a problem with the X2VGA+

10. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hmmm. All those games definitely run in 480p. A few things that might be worth trying;

Double check you're still set up NTSC mode (If for some reason you lost settings when you switched off)

Try switching your PJ off with the xbox still switched on & connected. Switch PJ back on, see if it 'syncs'

Check PJ menus while xbox connected, go to 'auto setup' this will try to find the correct display settings for the PC input.

Try the alternate 'EDID' setting on th PJ from whatever it is on now, either EDID1 or EDID2.

11. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Still the same,im sure its the X2VGA+,if i leave it on for a few minutes the picture fades really dark as well now.The picture just looks like it's not tuned in properly,but when i first turned it on it was perfect.

Vga output is set @ 480 on the projector.

12. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    The picture doesn't show how bad it is really.

13. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    berserkgoose, where did you get your x2vga from?Got mine from http://www.x2vga.com
    Just emailed them to ask about my problem,hopefully will hear something back.

14. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I got mine from x2vga.com aswell. I do recognise the problem from the photos; I would say (99% sure) that your xbox is not outputting a progressive signal. That is exactly the same as mine looks on the MS dashboard.

Try pressing the 'screen shift' button on the x2vga while you have one of the screens in the photos on; say the enigmah screen. It should shift over so you can see the 'E' in enigmah. If so, this is the feature of the x2vga which I described above, it means the x2vga is receiving an interlaced signal. It is very strange though as I can see from the shot you posted, you are definitely set to NTSC. Weird.

15. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Im sure the x2vga is faulty,all the games i play have the shacky picture.It's alot worse than the picture have you belive.
    Where about are you berserkgoose?
    I've tried the shift button(next to the on/off button on the x2vga ) and still the same problem.
    Driving me up the wall at the moment.Can't understand when i first turned it on the picture was perfect.

16. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just been to have a look at my setup. If I switch off 480p it looks just like the images you posted- with a constant 'waving' effect which you obviously can't see on the photos.
    You are definitely outputting an NTSC signal (the x2vga only works with NTSC - there would be no image whatsoever if outputting PAL) so Enigmah is working OK on your machine. The problem seems to be that you are enabling 480p etc in the microsoft dash but it is not registering for some reason.

Have you checked the tiny switches in the hole at the end of the x2vga - don't know if it will have an effect- mine are set as 1-up /2-down/3-up/4-down. Worth checking?

17. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Change the setting on the x2vga still the same,tried turning of 480 no diffrence.Running out of ideas here. :confused:

18. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    berserkgoose,
    Posted it back to them today so hopefully have it back in about 6/7 weeks.Set the x-box up using hi-def component lead at the moment with my ae700.Amazed at how good the picture is.
    Can't wait to get a fully working X2VGA+ back,
    cheers for your help.

19. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    No probs mate, hope you get it sorted OK. Let us know what you think when it's fully up n running.