1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X10 Pointers needed on Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Mark Ward, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Could someone give me a couple of pointers on how to incorporate X-10 codes on my Pronto for my IR7243W?

I've D/L an X-10 CCF that has lists of house code, unit codes and command codes, but nothing seems to work for me.

I've tried aliasing to:-

House code A
    Unit code 1
    Command code ON

on a single button, but nothing works. I've tried using "A" house code and the "P" house code on my IR7243W which should allow for all house code operation. I bet it's something simple I'm doing wrong but I just can't work it out.

My IR7243W should operate on IR as well as RF, RF works fine but can't seem to get the pronto going on IR.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark.

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'm assuming you've got a fancy multi house code version... Try putting a 0.1 sec delay between the commands and send the final command twice (ON in your example)... I found some of the X-10 codes from Remote Central were unreliable... I've got some clean ones if you're interested...

Some people have also reported that the IR reception is very susceptible to bright sunlight etc., although I've never had a problem...

Also don't forget that any 12v electronic lighting transformers in the circuit will kill X-10..!

3. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have got the W version which does all house codes in the same way that the AH version does. Before ordering I contacted LetsAutomate.com to ask the difference and they told me that the AH versions were models that had been modified for them prior to the intergrated IR & RF "W" version being released.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I don't get it sorted, though I did see that there were some codes listed as "clean" in another CCF or 2. I liked the simplicity of the layout in the CCF I D/L's which is why I tried it first.

The important think is to know that I'm not doing is wrong with what will now be, for example:-

Alias to House Code "A"
    0.1Sec Delay
    Alias to Unit Code "1"
    0.1Sec Delay
    Alias to Command code "ON"
    0.1Sec Delay
    Alias to Command Code "ON"

Is this correct?

My room has total light control so not a llikely cause of my probs.

The ceiling in this room has 18 Low voltage lamps, each with individual transformers across 3 low volltage dimmers, howvere X-10 works fine with the RF so the problem isn't with the X-a0 side of things.

I'll try your suggestions when I get home, I'm sure they'll help me get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,

Mark.

4. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    That macro should be fine...

5. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Does it work outside of the macro ?

i.e. if you press the buttons manually does it work ?

If it does, then increase the delay in the macro.

I don't have the all house version so can't be much more help :(

Cheers
    Kevin.

6. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Added the 0.1sec delay and all works fine now, thanks:)

Now to think of some nifty applications to put my pronto & X10 to...

I already worked out that the 6 lights in the room should "sweep on/off" in pairs front to back, so I'm adding an extra 0.5 sec delay between each set of pairs.

Inspired by a CCF I set up I'm going to do a little graphic map of my room to allow me to select individual lights too.

I'll also play with some "mood" settings, though I'll need to buy more lamp modules for that as I currently have mostly appliance modules.

Next step is to put the screen on an up/down switch (anyone have one of these floating around??
    S'Fun this X-10 stuff.